Park city Utah area trails?

crawler1088

Hey guys I have a trip up to park city Utah planned for a week in mid march. I've noticed a few jeep rental companies and was wondering if there's any places to explore and see the back country on trails and have some scenic rides. I know Moab is fairly close and wish I could just drive down and ride there but I do not think I'll have hat much time. Thanks guys!

Campbell Clan

In March there will still be a considerable amount of snow to contend with. You may want to consider a asphalt adventure if you want to stay in the area. Or go rent a snowmobile instead of a Jeep

crawler1088

Yeah I was wondering if there would still be a lot of snow still on the ground. How's Moab that time of year? Would it be enjoyable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Park City area trails (none accessible in the immediate area but within a half hour drive there is some great stuff) are going to be under snow until at least mid-May time frame. Plenty of off-road tracks to explore year round in the West Desert ~1.5 hrs from Park City. Moab on the otherhand, fantastic year round particularly in the shoulder months ie. March-May, Sept-Nov.

DeadMoney44

Not only will there still BE snow in and around the Park City area, they will get a considerable amount of snow in March. It would not be too unusual to wake up to six to 20 inches of new snow every day of your trip.

mph

Expedition Leader
I live in PC...Snow on the ground and snowing now. Like Kurt said, I would also recommend the West Desert...Pony Express Trail...Very nice. You could also drive down to the Swell about 3 hours away. However, you would just have to watch the weather. March can be awesome in the desert...Or, cold, snowy, rainy, etc.

When are you thinking of coming March? Check out KSL.com and look at Price's weather. Will give you an idea of the weather in the Swell. Probably 5-8 degrees warmer in the Swell than Price too:) PM me if you need some ideas for the Swell.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The Swell is a great option, even for a quick over nighter. Some whet your appetite ideas here:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/featured-trails/san-rafael-swell-discovery-route-north-south-swell/

If your looking for something more history oriented, Mike's Pony Express Trail suggestion is a great one, passable pretty much year round (though it can be brutally muddy like this weekend). Great info from ExPo memeber CanuckMariner here:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/featured-trails/pony-express-trail/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles