1996 Jeep XJ "Betty" Build Thread

stolz

Adventurer
The best bet is to try and avoid mud altogether.

To each his own my friend. I'm, just getting the drive through puddles bug out while I have a 1,000$ Jeep. Once I move on to something I really want to build and take care of I won't take it in the mud.

stolz

Adventurer
Went camping over the weekend with some friends, had an awesome time and the jeep did well overall.

Here's a picture over looking the valley.
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 5.30.13 PM.jpg

A picture with my buddies 1988 Toyota FJ62. We stopped here and hiked out to the top of a ridge over looking the valley below us.
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 5.29.53 PM.jpg

Had to show you the camp coffee, if only you could have had some. Top knotch.
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 5.30.23 PM.jpg

And of course at the end of our trip heading home the FJ62s transmission over heated. So we stopped for a bit and let her cool down before we continued on.
Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 5.30.04 PM.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
I made a little video from our camping trip this weekend. You should check it out :)

[video=vimeo;88965774]https://vimeo.com/88965774[/video]

stolz

Adventurer
People who are really into "pour over" coffee, do a certain amount of grams of water to coffee. So when they are pouring the water into the coffee grams they are weighing how much water is going into to for the preferred coffee to water ratio. Nerdy coffee stuff.

Just bumping the video to this page,

[video=vimeo;88965774]https://vimeo.com/88965774[/video]

Last edited:

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
People who are really into "pour over" coffee, do a certain amount of grams of water to coffee. So when they are pouring the water into the coffee grams they are weighing how much water is going into to for the preferred coffee to water ratio. Nerdy coffee stuff.

ah gotcha. I figured it was something like that. A little more advanced than my single serve tea-bag style Folgers.

stolz

Adventurer
Another small upgrade, recently installed my tow package. So I got lucky and a friend had an extra ARB D-ring lying around and the proper mount for it.

Here it is, it's small. But I'm stoked on it. And at least I have a recovery point in the rear now, before there was no where to put a rope.

unnamed.jpg

trasko

Adventurer
Which "tow package" did you get and what did it run you? I got an XJ recently and was surprised it didn't have a hitch in the rear. I've got a long-term plan to have a hitch front and rear and to get a hitch-mounted winch. I change vehicles often enough I'd like to move the winch to new ones when I swap out.

stolz

Adventurer
Hey trasko,

I bought one off of Amazon. Called "Reese Towpower 51001 Pro Series Class III Hitch with 2" Square Tube Receiver" I paid 120$ plus shipping. It does not come with any electrical, but this didn't bother me at all because I only got it for recovery purposes. It took a while to install, you will have to remove the rear bumper and all that good stuff. But it is totally worth it.

stolz

Adventurer
Simple yet pleasing modification. Installed some clips to hold my maglite. The position they're in is not in the way at all for the passenger, all my friends didn't even notice the difference in leg room.

unnamed.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
Went out with a couple buddies, got myself stuck on a steep hill. Came pretty close to rolling over, but she didn't.

tumblr_n3hohtKT4i1qzedw3o1_500.jpg

stolz

Adventurer
Been thinking about getting a Locker recently, would any XJ owners like to give me some input? I am thinking about doing a Detroit or something similar in the front. But any advice will be taken!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior