OBD monitors

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Ive been using the dashcommand App and this
http://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Comp...=UTF8&qid=1444919493&sr=1-6&keywords=scantool
works very well , very hand to get error codes once when I had a problem I could tell mechanic over the phone so had an Idea of what was going on..
It looks like you might be talking about your E250?
The Fuso in general is not OBDII compliant. Some of the newer ones might be (??) but the older ones are not.
If you are using on a Fuso, what year and model?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just checking... have we gone anywhere with this?

I was out of town last week so had UPS hold my deliveries. They are scheduled to deliver everything that they had on hold to me on Monday.

I'd much rather UPS hold it and deliver when I'm back home rather than have a box sit on my porch for a couple of days. :)

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Just checked tracking, it's sitting there in your terminal waiting for pick up/delivery

Yeah I placed a hold and talked with my driver before I left (I get quite a lot of stuff delivered) so they are going to deliver everything on Monday.

pugslyyy

It's been a month and I want to update everyone on what I've learned about the clone MUT-III.

1. It appears to work perfectly on my 2007 FG, which for my model year only gets you engine data. It is proving useful for my cruise control project so I appreciate Czechsix letting me give it a try.

2. No matter what any vendor may tell you, the latest Fuso discs anyone seems to have are from July 2011. I believe that Mitsubishi switched over to the Mercedes diagnostic platform after that.

3. The database is only valid for 90 days, so you need to keep the computer date between July and September 2011.

4. The MUT-III comes with a wide selection of OBD cables. The one that works (at least for my Fuso) is the red-headed cable.

5. Some of the clones supposedly have standalone capability (can be used without the laptop to read/clear codes) but this one does not have that functionality. Like a lot of the clones, this one has an empty space where the memory card would go, I'm not sure whether this is related to that or not.

I've seen varying accounts of whether or not it is possible to run the truck MUT-III and the car MUT-III on the same computer (some say you can, some say you cannot) but since I have no need for the car version I'm not going to be testing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online