Trash hauling without an exterior tire carrier?

DVD

Adventurer
This was kind of an improvised solution. One time I needed a solution for hauling loose firewood and strapped this wire basked to the roof rack and filled it with firewood. As the trip went on, the firewood was consumed and garbage grew. A contractors garbage bag fit nicely in the basket and everything stays in with a bungy over top. It's not perfect, but it is convenient.

DSCN0381.JPG

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Same boat here. I just installed an old pelican case for a trash box. If you have room and access, I think the roof is ideal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399986768935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399986768935.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 103

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
LOL! I wish. I've actually had it for 10 years; it's been doing nothing but collecting dust in my garage. Once I made the decision to use it, I dusted it off and gave it a bath in aerospace 303 UV protection stuff. :D

Here is a better pic. :ylsmoke:

IMG_20140513_072139.jpg

WSS

Rock Stacker
^^Thats a great idea^^

Kinda like carrying photography equipment in a diaper bag. Fool the thieves with a decoy LOL. Imagine the look on a thieves face when he gets it home and pops it open.

twblanset

Observer
Dry Bag Backpack

I'm thinking about getting a dry bag backpack and fitting it on my tailgate. I figure if it can keep water out it can keep the smell in. Plus I can take it off and string it from a tree away from camp if I need to.

GhostRing

Observer
Experimenting with an ALICE pack
photo1_zps86ed1249.jpg

photo_zpsfdb294e5.jpg

Currently not on a swing-out yet, a simple tube-in-tube removable mount welded to another experimental project...

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Finally managed to get a Trasharoo mounted on my van. Dutch-doors on the rear meant that a rear-tire is out until I spring for a ($$) custom swing away, but I was able to build myself a fuel carrier and factored the Trasharoo into the design:

WdWS2bPl.jpg

jsRnkQjl.jpg

poQr7p4l.jpg

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Experimenting with an ALICE pack
photo1_zps86ed1249.jpg

photo_zpsfdb294e5.jpg

Currently not on a swing-out yet, a simple tube-in-tube removable mount welded to another experimental project...

I'm liking this idea, but wouldn't a duffel bag be better? Just hang it off the rack with the shoulder straps? I guess you could make a shelf frame for it if you wanted, but you could line it with a contractors trash bag and close it up when not needed.

E.J.

Explorer
IMG_20140607_171211247.jpg

IMG_20140607_171305475.jpg

Here's the solution I came up with, found hooks for 2" straps here. The bag will spend most of the time on our trailer but it'll be nice to be able to easily pop it on the car.

mikelite80

Adventurer
IMG_20140607_171211247.jpg

IMG_20140607_171305475.jpg

Here's the solution I came up with, found hooks for 2" straps here. The bag will spend most of the time on our trailer but it'll be nice to be able to easily pop it on the car.

How does it hold? I was thinking about something similar off the back of my 4runner. Wasn't sure how it would rub the paint. With that much strap showing I thought it might swing and sway a bit to much and cause rubbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94