Another DV report. Eureka, Saline , Lippincott, Racetrack, Echo Canyon

v_man

Explorer
As far an off road route from Bay Area to Sac? Good luck , let me know if you find one . Closest good wheelin' to Bay Area is Hollister or Cow Mtn. Beyond that , the western slope of the Sierra is only 3-4 hours from Bay Area . A lifetime of wheelin' there ...

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Yeah, I'm up on the Rubicon at least 1x a year and other trails.

I'm researching to find some off pavement (any difficulty right now) routes between say I-5 (Pacheco Reservoir) to Monterrey (i.e., Los Padres NF). I've found a ton of "Jeep Trails" and need to determine their continuity and status. I wasn't very specific initially and just tossed the question loosely to ya.

If you have any ideas, then please PM me as I don't want to go Off topic any further.

Thanks!

As far an off road route from Bay Area to Sac? Good luck , let me know if you find one . Closest good wheelin' to Bay Area is Hollister or Cow Mtn. Beyond that , the western slope of the Sierra is only 3-4 hours from Bay Area . A lifetime of wheelin' there ...

v_man

Explorer
lol , yea ur right . I'll get her on some harder stuff when we're not 50 miles from the nearest paved road ...:smiley_drive:

RobRed

Explorer
Yeah we could have a beer-pedition - Dakota (aka CoCoTLC) is known to have tossed a few cold ones back :)

OSV

Adventurer
that old coors can is classic! i drank my share of 'em! >ack!<

thanks for a great report!

if you think of the name of that mine, please post it up.

I do not know the name of the mine, sorry to be ambiguous , I'm looking for it online . It is just before you reach the southern turnoff for the Eureka Valley Sand Dunes . You take a steep , gnarly , narrow trail up about 1,000 feet into the mountains to see this old site . I don't think it gets visited much.

Celeste holding an old Coors can, and a fresh one
IMG_1778_zps9a225d22.jpg

davebsmb

Killer report. You think Dedeckera Canyon and Lippicott is doable with a full size rig width wise? I mean I don't want to tear up my van just to take any of those trails. They seem to change yearly and I have had friends with vehicles like mine do both of those yet lately the road report wasn't good for Lippincott. I did Mengel at night and it wasn't a problem at all.
Thanks. Looks like you had a great time.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior