Volvo TGB 1314 expeditioncamper for sale

Even though the final decision has not yet been taken, it starts to look more and more that Panama will be our final destination. Therefore Panda is for sale!

Volvo TGB1314 (1978) converted to an overland vehicle. It is the ex-army ambulance from the Swedish army.

Mechanical:

6x6 + differential locks on all axles
Portal axles for extra ground clearance
Volvo B30 engine, 3 Liter, 125 HP
Original (petrol)fuel tank 95 liters + extra tank of 85 liter + 4 x 20 liter jerrycans
13000 LB winch
Spare tire mounted on top of cabin
6 extra lights on top of cabin
24 Volt

Household:

2 110 watt solarpanels
2 household batteries
70 Liter fresh watertank including filter
40 liter waste water
2 x 27 kg propane tanks for cooking and heating + filling nipple on outside
Webasto heater
350 watt inverter - 240 volts
2-pit gas stove
sink
large toploader fridge
sitting area with table, also possible to convert into lounge area
Plenty storage space
1.70 x 2.00 meter bed, including cold foam topmattrass
3 12volts outlets
2 220 volts outlets
2 USB outlets
3,5 x 2,5 meter awning (tarp)

Both doors have two locks for extra security. 
Mosquitoscreens on all windows. 
Box is alu-zinc and cabin is steel. Everything is rust-treated. 
Insulated all walls + ceiling + floor + doors.

We drove from Alaska to Panama with the vehicle, 40.000 km. Took us on many dirt- gravel- washboard- pothole mountainroads. Camped on the beach and mountaintops without problems.

Vehicle is well maintained. Full check-up in February 2014. Will be sold including spareparts + compressor + tools. Profile on tires 11mm. Spare tire brand new.

Included in sale all camping utensils (table + chairs + kitchen utensils + cutlery)

Pick-up location and timing to be discussed. 
More detailed information via contact form below. 
For pictures please have a look at www.facebook.com/dutchiesgoglobal

Asking price: USD 30.000,-

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I think "The Turtle" would be more appropriate but very cool truck that is well outfitted.

GLWS that is a sweet truck!

Cheers

zimm

Expedition Leader
a few of theses sold for 25g here, when still available from the swiss. no improvements, just as the military left them. i bet thats a tough find today, so the price doesnt seem too out of wack considering its usable as is.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
These Volvo's were not from the Swiss Army - you are probably confusing them with the Pinzgauer Ambulances. Similar is shape but about 20% larger than the Pinz overall.

The only issue with these Volvo's is getting parts as there is not a large on-line community or factory / aftermarket parts suppliers like there is for the Pinzgauer. Most of the parts problems relate to the axles and brake parts - but there are nice disk brake conversions for them (but expensive) and I have heard of problems with the axles when used for rock crawling - though that's probably not an issue for an expo rig like this. The 6x6 version have lower gearing and so lower top speed compared to the 4x4 versions.

The engine is easy to get parts for at least. There is also a nice electronic distributor made for it by a company called "123 ignitions" from the Netherlands.

There is one which comes to the Oregon NW MogFest that has a VW poptop on the roof of the ambulance box - looks like a very nice setup that way. Also its really nice that the boxes have a side entrance door - this is something the Pinzgauer boxes do not have.

zimm

Expedition Leader
These Volvo's were not from the Swiss Army - you are probably confusing them with the Pinzgauer Ambulances. Similar is shape but about 20% larger than the Pinz overall.

no confusion on the tuck, just the country perhaps.

Attachments

• C306_ambulance-1.jpg
    C306_ambulance-1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 935

Frankspinz

Adventurer
This truck is still for sale. At that price I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. I could see myself touring Europe in the "Panda" ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior