For Sale or Trade: 1994 Diesel Toyota Land Cruiser

davegonz

Explorer
My wife wants a "nicer/newer/less noisy" family vehicle, so it has to go. Very reliable and gets great mileage.

Asking $13500 or will trade for 2000+ 100 series Land Cruiser, LX470, GX470, 4 door Tacoma, or V8 4Runner. Located in Austin, TX

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser with Cummins 4BTA turbo diesel conversion

Specs:
  • Reman'd 2001 Cummins 4BTA (~75k miles)
  • New water pump
  • New fast spooling Holset HX30W turbo
  • Rebuilt transmission and torque converter with manual lock-up
  • 4 inch lift, via OME Heavy springs + MetalTech front spring spacers + Man-a-fre Rear spring spacers
  • Slee off-road 1st Gen. front control arms
  • Slee off-road front and rear adjustable lateral control arms
  • Bud Built tie and relay rods with new TREs and jam nuts
  • Slee off-road front winch bumper with M8000 Warn winch and synthetic line
  • Safari snorkel
  • Custom built "Stubbs Welding" sliders with air fitting taps welded on
  • Custom built 4x4 Labs dual swing out bumper with 3 jerry can basket and tire carrier.
  • IPOR Dual battery setup with two Diehard Platinum Group 34 batteries. Surepower dual battery separator.
  • Kenwood Bluetooth stereo with HD radio and Pandora controls
  • Wagon Gear tailgate storage lid
  • 5 Factory FZJ80 Wheels with 315/75/R16 BFG AT/KO tires
  • Factory Toyota Electric Differential Locks: Front and Rear
  • George's LED interior lights and LED map light
  • All marker and turn signal bulbs swapped to LED with new relays
  • DEPO chrystal clear headlight upgrade with H4 bulbs for lo/hi beam with Slee off-road harness
  • Unity 245k candlepower spotlight
  • Toyota 80 Series and Cummins 4BTA Factory Service Manuals
  • New front and rear rotors, reman'd front calipers and 100 series front pads, 80 series rear pads
  • 2 New OEM keys cut by the dealership via the VIN number, (1) brand new OEM fob.
  • New AMSOIL dual bypass filtration system. I've run nothing but synthetic.
  • Euro spec front 3.7 hi pinion gears. Rear 3.70 ring and pinion gear. The gear upgrade keeps the motor in the torque/hp sweet spot.

I currently get 15-16 mpg around town and regularly get 18-20 on the highway (70-75). I've gotten as good as 21 going 60-65.

Image gallery: https://plus.google.com/photos/1058...s/5677528223187475537?authkey=CNuo36m3_P-_7AE

CameraZOOM-20121003134127001.jpg

TJK

Observer
Nice that you included the obligatory photo of GT doing what he does best....

Good luck with the sale.

TJK

skibum315

Explorer
Got a build thread or some place to check out more info on the motor swap? Nice looking Cruiser ... I'm sure it'll go fast.

davegonz

Explorer
I have been getting some questions regarding the title. On the Texas title, there is no field designating what fuel it uses. That part seems to be taken care of by the yearly inspection where the tech inputs in the fuel type.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

davegonz

Explorer
Sorry for the confusion, I just assumed it was titled as a diesel since they inspect it as such every year.

Sent from my Galaxy S4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles