My 2014 Land Cruiser aka Urban Bruiser

xumajoe

Do your tires rub the wheel wells in sharp turns and if no, did you have to trim any well pieces? I'm a longtime lurker with a '13 200 about to make the leap of lift and tires. Thanks for sharing!

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
tuesday-today-8-1358957947.jpg

That's it! I'm buying a 2014! lol

bjowett

Adventurer
A quick Porsche story you guys might appreciate. My brother and I just picked up this 2014 for my 76 year old father, we're giving it to him Thursday, he does't know. His Porsche love affair began in the early 60's when my great uncle (mother's side) loaned his 356 to my dad for a month. My father did not buy his own P car until the 80's, when he could afford it... he owned several, but it has been a good decade since he sold his last, a 996 C4. Do you think he will like it? :)

dads9112014.jpg

CYK

Adventurer
A quick Porsche story you guys might appreciate. My brother and I just picked up this 2014 for my 76 year old father, we're giving it to him Thursday, he does't know. His Porsche love affair began in the early 60's when my great uncle (mother's side) loaned his 356 to my dad for a month. My father did not buy his own P car until the 80's, when he could afford it... he owned several, but it has been a good decade since he sold his last, a 996 C4. Do you think he will like it? :)

View attachment 237291

I'll always have a 911 and land cruiser in my garage. I'm sure your father loves you a great deal.

CYK

Adventurer
Do your tires rub the wheel wells in sharp turns and if no, did you have to trim any well pieces? I'm a longtime lurker with a '13 200 about to make the leap of lift and tires. Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely. 33s and a lift, even with quality parts, is a substantial change to the suspension geometry and the myriad other design considerations Toyota engineered into the vehicle.

Nearly all vehicles with bigger tires, especially those that look good, have had to cut and trim. Part of the game.

I've seen some folks run the trd 17s with slightly bigger than stock at tires without any trimming but you end up with a rather conservative look as the wheels look narrow, because they are, and offset tucks em into the fender.

It's much better explained when you see the various modified rigs lined up next to each other in person. In my books, looks matter as much as functionality.

Enjoy!

xumajoe

Thanks CYK. I'm going with ICON and 32+" tires. Will know how it turns out in a couple of weeks when everything arrives and gets installed, I will post here and latest photos to really 'join'. I guess cutting is just part of the experience!

CYK

Adventurer
Thanks CYK. I'm going with ICON and 32+" tires. Will know how it turns out in a couple of weeks when everything arrives and gets installed, I will post here and latest photos to really 'join'. I guess cutting is just part of the experience!

Brad at icon has been a great internal resource for me and continues to be. I'm going to visit their shop in a couple of weeks to say hello. It's better than going to Disneyland! Please keep us posted about how things progress.

Planning on going out on my first true trail run soon. Last thing I do need are slee sliders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke