My 2014 Land Cruiser aka Urban Bruiser

CYK

Adventurer
I'm a huge LC fan. I call it the 911 of the SUV world. Tons of heritage makes it an icon. It's been developed, tested and approved by the world. It's bigger than the 911, actually, given its impact on the human welfare.

I'm new to this expedition thing. I've been a big reader of the trips and photos here - it's better than cable TV (e.g. Expedition Overland series). To know me is to understand that I am kind of aesthetically inclined so many of my mod decisions will juggle form and function with a bias towards the former. If I get into taking trips into the wild, I'll adjust accordingly.

Having logged about 3K miles in about 3 months with a couple of trips into the snowy mountains, it's predictably brilliant. I had some teething issues with certain aftermarket parts, but it's all sorted now.

I should mention before I spill the modification beans that the radar cruise control feature is awesome. I use it a lot more than I ever thought I would. Everything else is spot on as it should be. Toyota did an amazing job on the 200-series. It's a world beater. Big ups to the LC project team.

Here are the mods I've chosen:

325/60 Toyo AT2 Xtreme on Method 18x9 25+ wheels - I wanted a slight poke and love the steamroller look; very quiet and balance great.

Slee-bought SPC upper control arms - Need these to get caster back to OEM spec to get rid of that darty steering feel; could've kept the OEM arms as spacing wasn't an issue.

ICON adjustable front and rear shocks, OME 722 springs - Rears below; ride quality is amazing lifted or not lifted; even the Porsche speed shop techs commented how awesome it drove 3 tons or not! I love it.

I also had 3M film applied to the entire front end and ClearPlex windshield film so I can keep the factory-seal for as long as possible

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

theside00

Adventurer
Awesome 200 series. Nice to see one that isn't just a grocery getter.

What are you future plans with the truck?

Sempertoy

Explorer
That my friend, is an incredible machine. I am glad you appreciate the heritage of the Land Cruiser. So many people have no idea what they are and where they have evolved from. Keep up the good work, and let us know how many times it gets mistaken for a Sequoia!

CYK

Adventurer
Awesome 200 series. Nice to see one that isn't just a grocery getter.

What are you future plans with the truck?

For my use case, I'm not sure I need anything more really. I will likely get rid of the chrome bits. If I trail it as in contiguous days kind of thing, will add perhaps a rack and a bull bar.

I'd love to transform into this kind of beast, but that's a long ways away before I start tearing up the factory warranty papers.

Thanks, guys.

CYK

Adventurer
New wheels - 18x9 15+ or extra .25" poke

New OEM JDM only front lower plate

Last edited:

jdlobb

Adventurer
ermagerd that is a beautiful truck. It's amazing how small the hundy looks next to it. I haven't seen one in the real world yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier