Copper Canyon Expedition: Crossing the Barrancas

Scott Brady

Founder
It is ridiculously easy to use. Turn it on, it acquires the gps fix. then point it in the direction the little monitor tells you (based on your position on the globe), point the antenna, which gives a visual indicator of signal strength. Then turn on your laptop and connect to the wifi signal. No cables, no fuss. Amazing...

I also made a voice call with the attached handset. Dial the number and "hello". :clapsmile

efuentes

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
$7.20 per mb ;)

But, to upload a photo from Satevo Mission within 10 minutes of taking it... Priceless.

I would run on my knees while carrying a 2 gb SD card on my wallet and use free DSL in Batopilas at that price.

We mexicans are mostly cheapskates :p

Scott Brady

Founder
efuentes said:
What, No Los Mochis ???

Saludos

Hey, maybe we can find a way to meet up in Alamos? We will be there for a day and a half.

Do you have any recommendations for camping in Alamos? Campgrounds?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Awesome Trip!:26_7_2:

Have Fun! ................Be Safe!

Scott Brady

Founder
We are moving south, and east, and have made camp in the Dragoon Mountains just east of Tombstone (thanks for the suggestion Jonathan). Absolutely beautiful spot.

We did some testing with the Sportsmobile yesterday, and captured some images for the Sportsmobile review in the Spring issue. An amazing machine, given the size and amenities.

IMG_6621.jpg

I am getting an excellent signal from the Aircard in this spot. Verizon coverage never ceases to amaze me.

Scott Brady

Founder
efuentes said:
I´ll try to find you a place with a couple of friends. Have a safe trip.

Saludos

Thank you very much, but just a warning, there will be six vehicles total, as I am doing the trip with several friends.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Thank you very much, but just a warning, there will be six vehicles total, as I am doing the trip with several friends.

Wow! so why not transverse from Batopilas to Urique, I been planning on taking this route, however I am Solo so they did not recommend it.

With 6 vehicles I bet it would be alot of fun!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :luxhello:

Scott Brady

Founder
eurorom said:
Wow! so why not transverse from Batopilas to Urique, I been planning on taking this route, however I am Solo so they did not recommend it.

Well, mostly because I have done that route before, and we want to have more down-time, so camping and a few more days in Cerocahui and Creel. That route takes two full days.

We could always get a wild hair and try it.

As a note (unless something has changed that I don't know), the route goes from Batopilas to Mesa De Arturo and then either down into Urique or on to Cerocahui. There was a road started to directly join the two towns, but it was never completed (as of 2005).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles