Copper Canyon Expedition: Crossing the Barrancas

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
So...how dusty is Mex 23? I think that road from the falls is the dustiest road in Mexico! IIRC it's getting paved....slowly....

-H-

Scott Brady

Founder
Hltoppr said:
So...how dusty is Mex 23? I think that road from the falls is the dustiest road in Mexico! IIRC it's getting paved....slowly....

-H-

Not bad actually... It is paved about 1/3 of the way from the east.

Scott Brady

Founder
Sorry about the lack of images of the falls. Those will be in the Journal. We hiked for 2 hours to reach the overlook and was blessed with amazing light.

The falls are exceptional, accentuated by the "lost world" looking canyons that it feeds. We found a great campsite right at the start of the hike to the falls.

Creel is really changing, which a considerable increase in infrastructure (cell, broadband, etc.) Roads and sidewalks are new in several areas.

I talked with a wonderful Tarahumaran woman in Creel and she permitted me to take her picture. The image turned out stunning.

We drove about 100 miles on dirt today. What an awesome road.

Ok, more shots of the cool Sportsmobile.

IMG_6790.jpg

blupaddler

Conspirator
Scott,
Maybe a dumb question... I am assuming the Sportsmobile has the new low sulfur diesel engine. Are you using Pemex diesel? I was under the impression that the Pemex did not have the new Low Sulfur diesel fuel yet. Of course I have been wrong before...
:p

Oh, and your pics definitely aren't helping my desire to visit CC.
:26_16_2:

Stay safe and enjoy your trip.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Send us some pics of the recent bullet holes in the main townsite! :pROFSheriffHL:

...I can't wait to be there!!!

Como profundo es el rio batopilas?

-H-

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Truly Awesome pics Scott. I saw 3-4 of the Sportsmobiles convoying on I-10 on my way to LA last Friday.. :victory: Was wondering if that had anything to do with OJ!! Safe travels..

Scott Brady

Founder
Hltoppr said:
Como profundo es el rio batopilas?

-H-

All the rivers are low right now. The Rio Batopilas is quite low. I have met SIX adv. moto groups so far. Several have crossed the rio Chinipas and Urique. One drowned a new 1200

Here is Stephanie with some new friends. Alan gave them a soccer ball and the fun ensued.
IMG_6965.jpg

We are on our way to Cerocahui right now.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sounds fantastic! Turns out, due to a nagging back problem with Dave, we'll be taking the Troopy!:coffeedrink:

I gotta remember to take some presents for the kiddos and folks we meet!

-H-

erod

Adventurer
Awesome, sounds like a dream come true...might be hard giving the SM back though...can't wait for the write up in OJ! cheers and safe travels!

Chris

Adventurer
More pics Scott PLLLLeeeease. maybe an "all rigs shot" Whats Allen driving?

wishing we were there, hmmm :friday: it is Friday !!!

CJL

expeditionswest said:
Sorry about the lack of images of the falls. Those will be in the Journal. We hiked for 2 hours to reach the overlook and was blessed with amazing light.

The falls are exceptional, accentuated by the "lost world" looking canyons that it feeds. We found a great campsite right at the start of the hike to the falls.

Creel is really changing, which a considerable increase in infrastructure (cell, broadband, etc.) Roads and sidewalks are new in several areas.

I talked with a wonderful Tarahumaran woman in Creel and she permitted me to take her picture. The image turned out stunning.

We drove about 100 miles on dirt today. What an awesome road.

Ok, more shots of the cool Sportsmobile.

IMG_6790.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94