sPod and ARB fridge

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have had my ARB fridge for a couple of years now and Have it wired straight to the battery with 10 gauge wire. I just ordered an sPod to add lockers and a couple of other items and will have an open switch when I am done. I have see a couple of people run their fridge wired into the sPod, is there an advantage to doing this???

Nate

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: How do you turn your cooler on.off, now ?

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
At the On off switch on the Fridge. I leave it running all the time. I keep food and water for my two year old in it when were not on a trip.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I don't understand you--

At the On off switch on the Fridge. I leave it running all the time. I keep food and water for my two year old in it when were not on a trip.

Does that mean that you're homeless ?? where do you keep food for your 2 yrold when you're ona trip ?

You're saying that you keep the cooler hookedup/on 24/7, using your Jeep battery ??

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Yeah I leave the ARB in the jeep hardwired to the Battery. It cycles all the time. Never have had a problem with this set-up. We do have a house, but we don't spend every wakening hour there.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Well I've never heard of ANYBODY doing what you're doing so-

I'd consider the sPOD a dis-advantage !

You're happy/comfy the way it is-

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

4x4junkie

Explorer
If the fridge already has an On/Off switch, adding another seems redundant... (and just adds further complication to the wiring going to it)
I'd leave the switch open in case you add a set of lights or some other accessory.

zelatore

Explorer
The only advantage I can see is if you just want to be able to cycle the power easier from the driver's seat instead of reaching the refer itself. Not exactly a big advantage.

dstock

Explorer
I've got the sPod and an ARB fridge but decided not to run it through the sPod. My reasoning being if it's in the Jeep, then it's plugged in and running. I mounted a dual hella style plug in the rear that is fused and hooked to my Aux battery. Very easy to plug and unplug as needed and no fear of running my main battery down.
I have a couple other usb ports and such that I wanted live all the time so I am using a Blue Sea fuse box to run everything through. It mounts nicely on top of the factory fuse box and keeps everything tidy.

i-C2nNsp9-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne