The EEXP is Born

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for stopping bye "El Jefe" :) It was nice to meet you and get your feedback on how to build this year Dodge into a proper overlander. Thanks for the tour of your truck. Expo '14 is a CRAZY tough deadline, but I'm determined to have the EEXP there. We'll just have to wait and see just how "finished" it is by the show. Head down working hard and making progress. For sure a huge shout out to XPCamper and all the sponsors who have stepped up to support this project. My new adventuremobile is slowly becoming a reality.

Keyne

Adventurer
Very interest to see more. Any details of the interior layout yet? Also, will XP make more of,them or is this strictly a one off project?

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry for the photo blackout lately. XPCamper has been working hard to get the EEXP camper put together for Expo and has some proprietary construction stuff that they don't want all over the interwebs.

The interior layout has been finalized recently. There is a side entry door that will be just behind the rear wheels on the passenger side. As you go in the door there is a LARGE top load fridge built into the counter on the left, a sink next to that and a floor to ceiling cabinet that is exterior storage in the far left corner. Directly across from the door is floor to ceiling interior storage. To the right is a horseshoe shaped couch with a large table in the middle. The table collapses down to create the Full sized bed. Lots more cool details to come soon.

The EEXP is a proof of concept build on a number of levels and after it has been fully tested it should be another model in the XP family. LOTS of cool stuff coming in the future at XPCamper!

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
The camper is finally coming together and the truck is almost complete. For sure going to come down to the wire to get to Overland Expo, and for sure will need to come back to XPCamper to finish off the build, including the pass through. Just no time to do it right before Expo. In the end doing this project correctly is the most important, as it will be my home for the foreseeable future. Here is a pic of the camper as it sits earlier today. Crazy how quick it is coming together now that everything is constructed and/or in the building. More to come shortly :)

Can't seem to get a photo to upload. It can be found at this link: HERE

HUGE shout out to ALL the supporters of this build. Some great companies have stepped up and you can find them all and keep up to date with everything related to this build HERE.

Keyne

Adventurer
Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see more.

The box noncabover design would be awesome on a nice Fuso FG140... Maybe with the dual spares stored behind the cab. That would be great.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
It's alive...

10296690_759720777393303_41437019_n.jpg

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Its been a whirlwind since "completing" the EEXP build. Overland Expo was a blast! Thanks sooooo much for all the support and excitement from the overland community. We have been on the road since the Expo with a quick trip to Valley of the Gods, a drive down Lockhard Basin Rd in Moab, a weekend in Buena Vista Colorado for the Paddlefest and are now passing through Durango on our way to Vegas to bunker down for a week in front of the computer catching up on work and tidying up some loose ends on the truck and camper. I promise interior shots are coming soon. You can see a few on the ExplorElements Instagram account and the XPCamper FB page. We are trying to get our things in organized in the camper before we show off all the cool features:) Next major stop for us will be the NW Overland Rally, hope to see you there!

For an overview of where things are and what went down to get here check out the latest 4x4 Podcast, featuring an interview with me about the build and Expo.

funky

Looks better and better. I can't wait to see a floor plan and the camper/cabin passage. Can it eventually go on a Fuso and stay containerable? This might develope into the simple, tough, no frills, lightweight & well insulated high-quality popup-camper I am looking for. I hope the sitting area will double as beds and leave lots of space for storage. The fewer integrated systems the better. I like to keep things as simple as possible. Cooking is almost always outside. Good if the camper is livable in stealth motion (popup down). Interesting project!

Triumphdog

Adventurer
Were you recently in Big Sur. I saw someone parked outside Big Sur Bakery a few weeks back with an XPCamper on the back of his/her truck. It looked different than this one, and I'm pretty sure it was on a white Tacoma.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
No word on production from XP yet CLynn85, but drop them a line for more info.

The sitting area for sure doubles as a bid and simple systems is what I was going for with this build funky. I as well can't wait for the passthrough to happen. Only time will tell how that comes out on this build. It could go on a FUSO, but doubt this particular style would still be containerable, but one could be made to be so easily. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Thanks so much Titanpat57!

I'm pretty sure you saw the AT built 4WheelCamper Flatbed model on a white Tacoma that is Foster Huntington's rig Triumphdog, as he was recently in the area as well and XP only has one Taco build so far and I don't think it has been down that way recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke