The EEXP is Born

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Also, Sarah's first print article was just published in the Autoweek under 30 special edition that just hit newsstands, and features the EEXP and our travels.

970690_717359901683621_7069038699708745306_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hey EEXP Dood... Of course I have to like you because you are surf kayaker (I have surf kayaked (mostly wave skis) for a little more than 40 year). But MAN UP!!! If Marc didn't invite you into his shop! HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT WOULD ************** TAKE TO BUILD YOUR DREAM! Are you willing to put out that kind of CASH to build your own shop! Honestly, do you have that kind of CASH!!! Maybe it is would be more aventages for you to give Mark the RESPECT he deserves... And MOVE ON!

Oh, and promoting "paid" tours in to Baja... You will have better luck trying to rob liquer stores is south LA!

"I'M just say'n son":sombrero:

You have a thing for Marc, don't you!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
They're both great people, no argument there. Don't know what you mean by "pay for the product"

It is HIS problem when things constantly break or fail.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Kayak surfing, and wave skiing is a blast! Stoked to get out to the coast later this week and compete at the Davenport Paddle Surf Classic. Maybe I'll see you there?

Guiding trips to Baja is not going to make me rich, in fact it will probably barely pay for my trip down there. On the flip side, I get to go travel with cool people and share the Baja stoke without spending much money, which I see as a win.

I'm unsure about the rest of your post? I'm grateful for the opportunity to build my camper design, moving on from the experience is exactly what I'm doing and I have and continue to give Marc and Toni the respect they deserve for building XPCamper to what it is today. I have not said that I don't like Marc or Toni, I have just stated that I have separated all ties with XPCamper.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
EEXP is featured at SEMA 2014!

Sarah and I just returned from our Baja Overland Adventure with Xplore Baja and a small group of amazing clients. We explored tons of back roads, marveled in many a sunrise and sunset, ate amazing food and even managed to sneak in some adventure sports (kiteboarding, paddle boarding and mtn biking). The trip was WAY too short, but that is how it goes. If you ever want the best guide for your Baja adventure look no further than Tim at Xplore Baja!

Now that I'm back in the states I've been working hard to get caught up on a bunch of content for the website. One of my final posts covering this year's SEMA Show focuses on the EEXP, as it was a featured vehicle at this yr's event.

SEMA NEWS: EEXP Featured Vehicle 2014

SEMA2014EEXP-17.jpg

Not sure what is in store for our adventures next. Looking at lots of options, but trying to fund all these adventures is getting increasingly difficult as savings are running dry after 3yrs on the road, this month.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
BUT! I have to ask you is it worth being forever know by the other long time Baja travellers as the ************ that thinks he's going to profit from exposing people to their sacred territory??? Bring paying customers down and FOREVER be MARKED!
Its up to you dood! One of these days (when we are sitting around a campfire) I'll share with you some of the plites that your predessors suffered. There is a reason why there are not many (or any) paid adventures into Baja... I'm just say'n!

A bit territorial are we?

kjp1969

Explorer
Wow, this makes Mexico seem all the more appealing. If its not the narcos, the local cops, the banditos or the federalis, its your fellow Americans.

Keyne

Adventurer
Reading throughout the posts and your site I may have missed it, but what are the dimensions of the camper (L,W,H)?

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Reading throughout the posts and your site I may have missed it, but what are the dimensions of the camper (L,W,H)?

"The rig is 8'7″ tall, 22'5″ long and 7′ wide..." and a ton of other specs can be found in the "Does It Measure Up" post. I don't think I've ever published the camper dimensions. Honestly don't have them off the top of my head right now, and in Australia, so not around the rig to measure it. Changed a bunch since the original CAD work.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Wow, this makes Mexico seem all the more appealing. If its not the narcos, the local cops, the banditos or the federalis, its your fellow Americans.

Your right about the fellow Americans part, at least when it comes to stuff like this on the internet, but the rest of it aren't things I've run into issues with while down there. Really didn't like Baja on my first pass through, but that changed quick when I had a proper tour guide and got to see the really cool stuff that makes Baja so special, especially to off-road travelers. I assure you that a majority of the locals, especially in the rural areas, love people like us coming through, saying hi and spending money. Baja is very much worth the time and effort of a visit, and is so attainable from the American SW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles