F150 Flatbed Overlander Build

Wolvee

Adventurer
35-40* is great!

Did your F150 come with a Trans cooler from the factory? Did you bypass the Radiator when you installed it?

The reason I ask is in cold weather, your computer controlled shift points can be adversely affected. This can be adjusted in the ECU's tune but it's a pain if you have no way to adjust it. Also, cold non viscous fluid can be just as bad as fluid that's too hot.

Keep an eye out for strange shifting when the temperatures start to change and remember I brought this up if you do.

I went with a Superduty (Aprox. double the size) transmission cooler in place of the factory cooler and opted to leave the lines connected to the Engine coolant Radiator to allow it to pre-heat/warm the Trans oil during the winter months.

escadventure

Adventurer
This is an aftermarket Derale 13614 series 9000. I didn't have a factory unit.

If I was staying in Europe, I might not have installed it. But I'll be moving to NV soon. But if I drive it in winter, I'll have to keep that in mind.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Nice install. Just a little tip, put another piece of hose over the cooler hoses where ever they can rub. just some added insurance.

I second that. Zip ties are ok for keeping things tidy but are not the best when it comes to attaching things. Rubber hoses rub through quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz