Baby Jeep 2015 Renegade?

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Would be an awesome little tow behind.. It ugly as sin but then again I have soft spot for Samurais and this kind of reminds me of one.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
This will be a great addition to the Jeep line-up, adding needed mileage numbers to their CAFE average. Make no mistake, if we want Wranglers, then Jeep needs this baby-ute or we won't get Wranglers, plain and simple. This will be immensely popular in Jeeps global market. I find it a much more utilitarian alternative to say, a Prius. This may be the global home-run hit Jeep and Fiat needs.

haven

Expedition Leader
The worldwide embargo on press reports (ignored by jalopnik.com) has now been lifted, and all your favorite car websites are featuring reports about the Jeep Renegade. Allpar.com has a thorough explanation of all the options for USA
http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/renegade.html

Allpar says North America will get 9 speed automatic trans and gas engines only. Manual trans and diesel will be available in other markets. The automatic will have front wheel and all wheel drive options. The Renegade Trailhawk will offer a two speed transfer case (more correctly called a power takeoff unit) that offers a 20:1 low first gear.

The 9 speed automatic is similar to the unit in the new Jeep Cherokee. Remember this new transmission caused a delay in delivery of the Cherokee. The new trans also was one reason that Consumer Reports panned the Cherokee.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
[snip]....I have soft spot for Samurais and this kind of reminds me of one.

This was my exact thought. Looks like a Suzuki Jimny or new-model Samurai. Put a winch bumper, a small OME lift, and some General grabbers/BFG's and go have a blast. :)

Drabadum

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/04/2015-jeep-renegade-deep-dive-official-photos-geneva/

Jeep Renegade 2015:
wheelbase: 2530 mm (101.2")
length: about 4200 mm

Jeep Cherokee XJ:
wheelbase: 2576 mm
length: about 4250 mm

Renegade and old XJ are in one size group. With 4WD and low range Renegade will be a good choice here, in Northern Europe. It has just one probably weak point: the McPherson suspension that is great on a road but does not work properly on a trail. I see only Dacia Duster and Suzuki Grand Vitara as competitors.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I think its a cool rig. I have a wrangler, but I don't discount stuff like this because 80% of wrangler owners never drive over a curb. I use mine as intended but most do not.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

camodog

Adventurer
Welp, as expected...no manual and no diesel for Trailhawk America. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I was going to buy my wife a Grand Cherokee next year, but now she gets a Renegade... Guess who will be sleeping on the sofa!

the59sound

Observer
I like it. I don't think every jeep should be a wrangler. It looks like it could be a decent little rig, not something to take thru the rubicon trail, but something to throw some kayaks on top of and take out. I'd drive the trailhawk one anyday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz