Baby Jeep 2015 Renegade?

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I like it, and if it helps them keep the Wrangler true to form, even better.

The Trailhawk looks like it would be a blast as a mini run-around with off pavement prowess (in its class), and I can already see it with steel front and rear bumpers, and a little 8k winch up front.

However; if it is completely un-liftable like the new Cherokee.... no thanks.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
This will be a sweet little vehicle. For those that lust for the Jimny, here you go with a bit more interior space and storage. The Fiat Panda's are useful little cars, this sounds pretty promising. Great little rig to travel with. Not everyone needs a JK on 37's, this will inspire and make it more financially viable for more people to get out and go see stuff, yet still have an economical, reliable vehicle to use for day to day stuff. Like has been mentioned, this could be a vehicle that saves the Wrangler and keeps it available for us who like it for its old school virtues.

Adventurer
Big tires,armor,rack, and I think it's a winner.. I know it's not for everyone but I'd rather have the option than not. I'd sport it. Like some have mentioned, I can see this little Jeep becoming another Samurai cult classic if its durable. And considering it's based on the Panda, I don't see how it wouldn't. The Panda has a very good reputation from what I've read..

trw

Jeep purists will NEVER be happy, ever.

Even when Jeep builds a very capable solid axle vehicle, it never pleases them short of building a monster tube buggy. Otherwise they wouldn't have (and still be) dissing the JK like they do, (go see how many baffoons are berating the JK on Jeepforum).

I no longer call them Jeep purists, but delusional if anything. The Renegade is an excellent design for a small SUV, far better than the Compass and Patriot, and sure to bring in loads of more revenue for Jeep to continue supplying the delusionals with their damn rock buggy, which they will ***** and moan about every reiteration anyway (don't get me wrong, I love the Wrangler and will be right there crying bloody murder if Jeep messes it up), but come on, not EVERY model must be solid axle and ladder frame!

As for the Renegade, perfect design for anyone needing a small vehicle with some capability but not wanting overkill, Jeep nailed it with this model. The KL Cherokee is the only one I would have done differently, but with the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Renegade, those are 3 winners, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the new Grand Wagoneer this year or next year.

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Can't wait to see a Ursa Minor J30 type pop top roof tent on top of a Renegade - would be a much better rig than the old Honda Element based one. You'd be able to access it from the front or rear seats even!

Last edited:

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
Meme1.jpg

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
Adorable - I'll throw it on the back of the Wrangler in place of the spare.

In all seriousness if it offsets the CAFE standards enough for Chrysler (fiat) to keep producing the Wrangler then great.

camodog

Adventurer
I cant wait to see the Jeep purists heads' explode when the see that Mopar is already offering a "lowering" kit. Yep you read that right. i will just leave this here....
cffbczqbwxzmdt2gr1kr.png

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I cant wait to see the Jeep purists heads' explode when the see that Mopar is already offering a "lowering" kit. Yep you read that right. i will just leave this here....
cffbczqbwxzmdt2gr1kr.png

Looks like something Tamyia came out with in the 80/90ies.
images

mapper

Explorer
For years people have loved the genuine usefullness of the Panda.

The little jeep trailhawk version could serve very well for some purpose. For heavy duty traveling or rock crawling? No. For general long weekend exploring? Yes.

Subaru gonna have some competition on it's hands

camodog

Adventurer
Subaru gonna have some competition on it's hands

And that right there is exactly what we need. I don't remember reading anywhere on the interwebz, that Jeep is replacing the Wrangler with the Renegade.

We need more competition for this sector, and if allows Jeep to make a ton of profit, then jeep can make the straight axle wrangler.....now about that diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94