The "Hot Lap" Exploring Australia

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
The adventure begins, on Saturday 1st March we set off to explore this great land that is Australia. It's a plan that has been in the making for 5 years with a few changes along the way but here we are kicking things off in Brisbane, QLD. A big thanks to the Bell family for the helping hand on departure and arrival back to Brisbane.

Cheers,
E, M & P!

egagu9y6.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
A bit more info. We have been planning a lap of Oz since we arrived 5 years ago now. In the mean time things like work, money, and time prevented us from setting off on this adventure. Along the the way, we also had a baby daughter "E" now 4.5 months old so we had to adjust the plan to suit. The reality is, we don't know exactly how long we will be travelling for or a detailed list of places to visit. There are the icons such as The Kimberleys, Uluru, Great Ocean Road, The Victorian High Country, etc... Our daughter will gives the freedom or limitations necessary.

We are currently in a caravan park on Bribie Island in the "Sunshine Coast" easing back into camping. We have camped lots but "E" only has 3 nights under her belt. So far so good. We will make an attempt to update this thread but that will be dictated by online access.

Trailer set up, organising and "purging" already.

Cheers,
E, M & P
y8a5y9yv.jpg

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi
We hope you guys have a great trip and travel safe .
There is so many places to see out there.
Don't forget to post a few pics.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
It's been three weeks on the road and an eye opener on many levels. I've managed to finish a book for the simple pleasure of reading for the first time in a long time. The timing was also perfect , worth the read if you are planing a trip. It's called "Vagabonding, by Rolf Potts"

Travelling has a way of teaching you lessons. We have learnt a few to date and look forward to others that will come.
To date the road has taught us:
-We must travel at a slower pace than originally anticipated but that is a good thing especially if you do not have a deadline such as work exerting it's pull to get back.
-You always take too much stuff!
Let's see what lessons come along.

So far we've mixed the camping up between bush camping and caravan parks (camp grounds with facilities) as we adjust to living out of our vehicle and trailer.

A few photos:

Our view for a few days:
upesaju8.jpg

Nice camper:
gy2yma3a.jpg

Bad phone pics sorry. Any suggestions on how to get better photos from an iPhone 5? It's in a Lifeproof case that I think is affecting the picture quality.

Cheers,
P

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Awesome adventure guys, I will be following for sure.
I can't wait to get "home" one day and do a lap around (I grew up in Mildura, have not been back to Oz in 8 years now...)

I It's called "Vagabonding, by Rolf Potts"

I really enjoyed that one too. It does a great job of covering the mental aspects of long term travel.

Have fun!

-Dan

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Hello Michuad!
If you are nature lover then you must visit one of the famous places of Australia named Tasmania.

Thanks for the tip. Tasmania was on the cards for February 2014 but our daughter came a bit late so we had to put it on the back burner for now. It's been on our destination list for some time now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94