Scott B.'s Little Guy Offroad Teardrop Build

fireball

Explorer
Scott - are you saying that you don't think it would be possible to mount the ProRack to a silver shadow? The cabin side profile shapes don't look that different to me, are they?

I was hoping to get the measurement from the top of the roof to the top of the Yakima bars that you just installed. As I mentioned from my photos above, the ProRack mounted on the 6-wide that I measured at the shop had almost 6" of clearance, which is enough to still open the vent and run the fan.

thanks!

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
Scott - are you saying that you don't think it would be possible to mount the ProRack to a silver shadow? The cabin side profile shapes don't look that different to me, are they?

I was hoping to get the measurement from the top of the roof to the top of the Yakima bars that you just installed. As I mentioned from my photos above, the ProRack mounted on the 6-wide that I measured at the shop had almost 6" of clearance, which is enough to still open the vent and run the fan.

thanks!

I called and talked to Chris (COO) at Little Guy a few days ago. He said that the Pro rack would fit on a Silver Shadow If it was a 5x10 or 6x10, and there would be enough clearance under a box to open the roof vent. Looking at the thickness of the roof and the proximity of the doors to the roof it looks possible but a very tight fit.

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
I called and talked to Chris (COO) at Little Guy a few days ago. He said that the Pro rack would fit on a Silver Shadow If it was a 5x10 or 6x10, and there would be enough clearance under a box to open the roof vent. Looking at the thickness of the roof and the proximity of the doors to the roof it looks possible but a very tight fit.

BTW, I still haven't gotten up the nerve to drill holes in mine.

fireball

Explorer
Scott, one more question while I'm battering you with them! :)

Is your axle different than what you'd get with a standard Rough Rider?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society

thanks!

Yes, I don't think a ProRack will fit on a 5x8 Silver Shadow. You may be able to squeeze it in, but you won't be able to through-bolt the mounts, and I don't think the bars (front to back) will be level.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Scott, one more question while I'm battering you with them! :)

Is your axle different than what you'd get with a standard Rough Rider?

I have the 3500 lb. axle, 22.5 degree down angle and 10" electric brakes with parking feature. Mine was the first trailer LG used this axle on.

fireball

Explorer
Are you happy with the axle? Any changes or things you'd do differently? Ours would likely be a bit heavier. Need a few additional "niceties" to please the wife!

Shelf organization looks great BTW. Love the pivoting stove slide as well. Great work!

Here's another thought for Roof rack mounting: https://www.socalteardrops.com/parts.php?cid=1&pid=83

Last edited:

vladig

Observer
Hey Scott,

Love these build and it has eInspired me to give LG a call as well, one question tho how tall is the LG now with your 32's on it? I'm looking to run 33's to match my tv but would also like to fit the trailer into my super short garage

Thanks

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey Scott,

Love these build and it has eInspired me to give LG a call as well, one question tho how tall is the LG now with your 32's on it? I'm looking to run 33's to match my tv but would also like to fit the trailer into my super short garage

Thanks
I can just fit my LG into the garage with 33s, roofrack, and an awning on top. If I put my ARS (e-z up) on top, I can't get in/out.

GFA

Adventurer
Is that with a 7' or 8' garage door?

What's the weight limit on the roof rack? Will it support a mid size roof top tent?

I'm trying to talk my wife into a teardrop also but she says it feels like a towable coffin. If I can get her beyond that I'll be having one built this winter.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Hey Scott,

Thanks

To the top of the Yakima roof racks is approximately 6 1/2 feet. It should fit under any regular garage door.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
We went to Great Smokey Mountain National Park for Labor Day weekend.

The awning was built for the truck - it is on the TD as a temporary solution.

EP td.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94