Scott B.'s Little Guy Offroad Teardrop Build

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Here are a couple of additions I did on the kitchen right before the last trip.

First, I added handles (knobs ?) to the drawers. These are red oak which I sourced from Lee Valley.

Drawer2.jpg

Drawer1.jpg

Next, I add a barrel bolt to the stove to keep it from rotating by itself (not that it ever did.) I also drilled two holes in the mounting shelf - one in the closed position, one in the open position.

Stove1.jpg

Stove2.jpg

vladig

Observer
Well guys wish me luck, going to my local LG dealer on Sunday to place an order for the ScottB clone :)

Thanks Scott for answering the barrage of questions

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
We just got back from a 4400 mile, 12 state trip to Wyoming. We slept in the TD a total of 11 nights. Woke up to a layer of ice (on the outside) one morning. All in all, a good trip.

I recently got an RV map of the US, one that shows the states you have visited. Since it is a little too big to mount on the outside (looks out of place), we decided to put it above the kitchen.

Before:

Map1.jpg

Bare map:

Map2.jpg

With states:

Map3.jpg

Map4.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
We just got back from a 4400 mile, 12 state trip to Wyoming. We slept in the TD a total of 11 nights. Woke up to a layer of ice (on the outside) one morning. All in all, a good trip.

I recently got an RV map of the US, one that shows the states you have visited. Since it is a little too big to mount on the outside (looks out of place), we decided to put it above the kitchen.

Before:

View attachment 250386

Bare map:

View attachment 250385

With states:

View attachment 250384

View attachment 250387

Nice trip, and a nice map! Can you tell me where you got the map?

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Do you add a sticker when you camp/sleep there or is passing through sufficient? And as long as I'm being difficult, are there his and hers maps?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Do you add a sticker when you camp/sleep there or is passing through sufficient? And as long as I'm being difficult, are there his and hers maps?

Passing through is sufficient - probably should have tighter restrictions, but, hey...

Why would I need his and her maps, when she is always with me in the TD?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Last weekend, we attended the first annual Appalachian Rendezvous in North Carolina.

The teardrop was great - one night the temps dipped below freezing, and we were nice and warm.

We made an awning for the TD, and deployed it for the first time. (I will post some close-up pictures at a later date.)

Camp1.jpg

One night's dinner - pizza!

Camp4.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Scott, great to meet you and your better half! The trailer and the wonderfully sewn awning are beautiful!

Last weekend, we attended the first annual Appalachian Rendezvous in North Carolina.

The teardrop was great - one night the temps dipped below freezing, and we were nice and warm.

We made an awning for the TD, and deployed it for the first time. (I will post some close-up pictures at a later date.)

View attachment 253972

One night's dinner - pizza!

View attachment 253971

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier