M101A2 Parts

sgiandubh

Observer
Hey all, I have the bed, bows, surge brake/lunnete, axle/wheels, and bed sides from an M101A2. I used the frame and a Dexter axle to put under my FWC. All parts are in good shape. Bed is rust free. The surge brake cycles but I am not sure as to actual function. The axle rolls and seems to be in good working order but I did not tow the trailer on the road with the old axle under it. I know Steel Soldiers is probably the best place to post these, but I figured I'd give you all first crack.

Bed - $250
Axle/wheels - $150
Bows - $125
Bed Sides - $150
Surge Brake - $75 - SOLD

IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg

Last edited:

sgiandubh

Observer
Man... not sure how that would work. They are quite bulky. PM me with your location and I'll check into it.

sgiandubh

Observer
The axle is an A3 axle

The tires are A2 tries

To bad you are not closer I would be interested in the tires

Thanks for the clarification. How can you tell the difference between axles? I've read that the main difference between the two is that the A3 is wider. The chassis plate says M116A2 and the bed says M101A2.

MOFTA

Thanks for the clarification. How can you tell the difference between axles? I've read that the main difference between the two is that the A3 is wider. The chassis plate says M116A2 and the bed says M101A2.

The bed is A2 version, the sides are flush the full length. Designed to be towed behind the CUCV Blazer and Pickup with a straight axle remaining within the standard width bed's wheel wells.

The axle is the A3 version, with dropped ends and wider? to allow use of the 37 x 16.5 wheel and tire package for use behind the HMMWV. The A3 version bed has fender extensions on it.

I wish you were closer to Alabama.

sgiandubh

Observer
The bed is A2 version, the sides are flush the full length. Designed to be towed behind the CUCV Blazer and Pickup with a straight axle remaining within the standard width bed's wheel wells.

The axle is the A3 version, with dropped ends and wider? to allow use of the 37 x 16.5 wheel and tire package for use behind the HMMWV. The A3 version bed has fender extensions on it.

I wish you were closer to Alabama.

Thanks for the info! Man, I love the education you get on this site.

bgsarty

Pintle

Bought a 101a2, very nice shape came with stock surge brake. I would like to remove the pintle and install the receiver tube in its place. Started to take it apart, did not look easy. Anybody know if the pintle can me removed? Looking to retain the surge brake with a Max Coupler set-up.

sgiandubh

Observer
Bought a 101a2, very nice shape came with stock surge brake. I would like to remove the pintle and install the receiver tube in its place. Started to take it apart, did not look easy. Anybody know if the pintle can me removed? Looking to retain the surge brake with a Max Coupler set-up.

Yes, the lunette assembly can be removed quite easily. I used an impact and a bit of WD40 and the bolts came right off. There is a bolt that runs through the tongue that holds the emergency chains that must be removed in addition to the 4 bolts that hold the mounting bracket in place. The 4 main bolts are accessed via the circular cutouts in the tongue. The surge brake assembly does not have to be unbolted from the bracket for removal. The hydraulic line will have to be unbolted from the surge brake and bent back to allow the assembly to slide back in the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles