Capture Colorado 01 TRD Taco - GOAE build

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Got a chance to pretty much wrap up the panel tonight. I've decided that I'm going to wire in an additional relay going to all the forward-facing lights (total of 3 switches), and have that relay triggered by the high beam signal, so that I can have all the front lights on w/ high beams, and quickly switched off when the highs are turned off in the cab - that way I can have one, two, or all the lights on at once on a highway or back road, then quickly off as needed without fumbling to hit several switches.

So there's that.

And there's this:

All laid out, with the ground wires looped together to a ground stud (black, duh, 16awg).
wm-LQ-0125.jpg

Added the fused lines into the relays (red 16awg).
wm-LQ-0126.jpg

Signal wires from in-cab switches (yellow 18awg).
wm-LQ-0127.jpg

And finally, the signal out, once the switch is turned on and the current connects via the yellow, fused power exits via the white wires to the lights. (white 16awg). Needs some zip ties.
wm-LQ-0128.jpg

The current draw on these LEDs is so low, that I think the 16awg wires should suffice for these short distances... not to mention, the lights all came with 16awg wire making up the harnesses, and I'll ultimately be using 10awg, mostly for having a more robust cabling; but also because I plan on running all 4 bumper pods from 1 relay and fuse over a potentially long span of wire, so I wanted to be able to take into account current loss over that distance.

And Amazon had red/black mated 10awg speaker wire for cheap :)

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Somewhere under the hood... I hope. There should be space in there; I might do something with a hinge on one side and wingnut on the other if I need to put the board above something else. We'll see, I still need to get my front bumper situation sorted out before I can install anything :\

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
I had a chance tonight after work to check and see what kind of space the boar would fit and where under the hood. There's a perfect spot on the passenger side behind the air filter box, and the shape of the panel should lend itself very well to fitting into the corner there. I'll just need to come up with some worthy mounts and it should be all set.

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
So.. a fair amount has happened in the last couple of weeks.

I got some 285/75r16's on CL for a solid deal. Even more, they're TreadWright Guard Dog's on BFG casings, just like the 265/70's I already had, plus brand new full size spare. I'm happy with it. Truck looks good, handles great, could possibly use a regear, but not sure how much I care. MPG dropped maaayybe by 1mpg too.

I also finished the rear bumper prototype, and I'm very happy with the design, it completely changes the look of the truck. Today I started working on the final versions, tomorrow I expect to get the plating done, as well as the spindles welded in for the tire carriers, once that's all set, I should be able to get the swingarms wrapped up pretty promptly.

Also ordered a Relentless Fab DIY front bumper kit, it looks like it should blend well with the lines of my rear bumper :)

Anywho, picture time. Because let's face it, none of you internet folk really care what I say, it's all about the pretty pictures.

wm-LQ-0134.jpg

wm-LQ-0138.jpg

wm-LQ-0139.jpg

Little dusty...
wm-LQ-0140.jpg

My trim line was nice and straight at first, then I had to trim it down some more.
wm-LQ-0143.jpg

wm-LQ-0145.jpg

wm-LQ-0148.jpg

wm-LQ-0149.jpg

wm-LQ-0152.jpg

J

JWP58

Ok, I have to ask......what does the blue/yellow/red Colorado sticker thing represent (on your rear window, passenger side). I see those things on every CO truck/car...

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Picked up something sweet this evening.

A customer of the shop's came by in his Dodge the other day, he has a Softopper on the Dodge, and I hadn't gotten a close look at one ever, so I asked him some questions and we got to talking about the Taco, he just so happened to have a Softopper kicking around from his 94 pickup. Tonight we checked the fit and boom - perfect!

Screaming deal. Not sure yet how this will effect my rack/cargo scheme and ideas, but I couldn't pass up the price.

KIMG0101.JPG

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
That fits on there great!! I always wanted one for my 01 DC, super jealous!

Last edited:

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Thanks! I definitely recommend it! I'm really impressed with their quality and workmanship. And the fit (despite it being for a slightly different size bed) is spot on.

BeratE

Observer
Great looking build so far! It would be fun to check it out in person some time since I drive by Golder all the time. My Taco is converted to turbo diesel so maybe there would be something interesting for you to see as well.

Really like the soft top

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Great looking build so far! It would be fun to check it out in person some time since I drive by Golder all the time. My Taco is converted to turbo diesel so maybe there would be something interesting for you to see as well.

Really like the soft top

Yeah man! I'd like to check it out some time! Sounds like one hell of a project.

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
Just about wrapped up with the bumper I'm building for a guy on TacomaWorld. Mine will be almost the same, save for a few minor changes.

KIMG0114.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior