A POP UP YOU'VE NEVER SEEN- The FERNWEH MOBIL

escadventure

Adventurer
IT'S FINALLY HERE!

We went picked up our new camper this weekend!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the finished product inside with the top down, lots of room.
attachment.php

We spent the weekend tinkering and organizing things. Installed a fire extinguisher in the camper and an Ipod compatible radio in the truck dash.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Very nice! Good job on researching what you needed to meet YOUR needs and building to meet them.

escadventure

Adventurer
Maiden voyage of the Fernweh Mobile

Well we decided to make an easy trip for our first time out with the new camper. We made a 6 day trip to Normandy with 2 goals in mind. 1) get to know our new camper and 2) experience more closely the sacrifices our predecessors made for our freedom.

The trip was a resounding success (in spite of the AC compressor bearing that got increasingly noisy while driving). The trip was fun and solemn, relaxing and emotional.

Here was our campsite on the shore next to Point Du Hoc.
attachment.php

Here is a couple pics of Point Du Hoc - the bomb craters and one of the bunkers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

A monument at Omaha Beach
attachment.php

And a stained glass window in the church at Ste Mere Eglise. (I think that is really cool)
attachment.php

escadventure

Adventurer
A little odds and ends

Had some time to do a few things to the camper this weekend.

Roouted a gas line to run our Coleman dual burner camp stove with a big LP bottle. Bottle is mounted in the bottom cabinet.

Also mounted a shelf to hold our Yeti cooler. As we won't have time in the near future for trips longer than a week to ten days, the Yeti will work for the time being...
attachment.php

attachment.php

And got a few decals on the truck
attachment.php

escadventure

Adventurer
Solar/Electric Install

Well, I've started installing the solar and electric in the Fernweh mobile.

Behind door number one is a closet in the front wall of the camper that we use for storage. So I decided to put all the electrics in there too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not sure how I'll permanantly mount the cables but they're in and clean at the moment...

attachment.php

Mounted the battery on the floor.

attachment.php

And it's got a false floor to cover and protect the battery when we store other items in there.

attachment.php

It's a work in progress but at least there's progress.

escadventure

Adventurer
Craig - I got them from a small local overland equipment shop. 6 euro each. I think their normal application is for car stereo equipment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles