Does anyone recognize this tent?

Mowgli

Supporting Sponsor
I found a tent on cl that looked pretty interesting. They don't know what model it is. I'm in need of a new tent and was wondering if this is worth taking a look at. They are asking100 but open to offers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 57

Richietherocket

Adventurer
What's the logo on the door say?
You might also do a reverse lookup with the pics via Google. Upload the pic and it searches for you.
Looks like a cool tent
GLWP

digitaldelay

Explorer
After much Googling, I have determined this to be an older Eureka Equinox. How old? Not sure. ^^^ oh, 15yrs., there you go

Pros:
Good reviews
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/eureka/equinox-6/
Solid brand

Cons:
Frame looks kind of wonky in ad photos, may be just poorly pitched
Depending on age, will have more/less UV degradation (ahem, Texas)

If you can get it cheap enough, go for it!

Jason

mbuckner

Adventurer
Also, make sure the zippers work, that is the weakness, dirt in the zippers .......
And if it has a vestibule is even better, hard to find ... new ones do not come with
the vestibule .......

Best regards,

Mike

Mowgli

Supporting Sponsor
I'm going to try to go check it out tomorrow. May be a little big for me and the gf. We use a queen size air mattress in a 4 person tent currently with about 10 inchs on bottom and 2 feet on the side of the mattress when pushed into the corner

mbuckner

Adventurer
Clarification:

The zippers are not weak ... they just need to be kept clean or they will jam easily .......

I use beeswax on mine to help keep them clean and lubricated .....

The frame gets its strength when the guylines are staked out on the rainfly ........ mine has stood up
to some pretty rough winds in the Mohave Desert and Death Valley .....

Here's a pic of mine last week on the Rug Road ....

Best regards,

Attachments

• P2260074.jpg
    P2260074.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 29

mbuckner

Adventurer
Thank you on the Jeep .......

15 min set up ... on a calm day ... that's with the rainfly attached .....

HOWEVER, on a windy day, it will take longer ..... and two people is best to set it up when the wind is blowing ..........

Depending how how strong the wind, the tent can try your patience and maybe even be frustrating ... however, I have
always been able to get set up ..... me only, no one else in the family goes on expeditions .....

If you buy it, practice several times on set up and take down before you go out to the field .....

Also, if a ground cloth does not come with it .. get one ....

Good luck ....

JackW

Explorer
That's a great tent - I have one as well. The rain fly goes all the way down the sides to prevent sideways rain from entering the tent.

Set-up and takedown is about 10 minutes and it's got a lot of room inside it - not too big for two people (I can pretty much fill it up with my stuff for one). 4 to 6 man tents are just the right size for two people.

I bought mine at a yard sale for $25 and much prefer it to another tent I bought new for $160

lcsodiver

Adventurer
Yep Eureka Equinox 6? I have the Equinox 3 it has been a great tent and I have gotten over 15 years of use out of it. The frame is not the same length on each side of the bend, the one picture where the frame looks odd.... to me it looks like they just had the pole in upside-down. I would not hesitate to buy that tent for that price! Very good in rain and high winds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles