Window Tint - Pros/Cons/Opinions/Examples

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
And now I return you to your regularly scheduled thread about window tint.

Leave the whining, bickering, snide remarks, and general trolling, behind.

Have a nice day.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I can't handle a rig without tint! We have hot summers here in south Arkansas, as well, so anytime I buy a new vehicle it's first Saturday in my possession is at the tint shop!

Here's my current ride, I matched the front side windows (and also added a brow) which puts it at 20 or 25%. I can't remember which, for sure.

09B7FD9F-4731-41E2-B400-B3E862AB6CA6_zpssicfopfp.jpg

Wainiha

Explorer
Always tint here in Hawaii. I used to have 5% all the way around including the eyebrow. Now the front doors are at 35% to be legal. It is hard to see out the back at night but more lights will fix that.

Heat and privacy are my main concerns.

Malamute

Observer
I cant live without some, the sun is brutal in the summer, even in the northern rockies. Like most, I have fairly dark in all the rear windows, less on the front sides. I don't know the percentages, its hard to see in the rears, but I've never felt it was hard to see out the back/rear sides at night, and certainly not in the daytime, unless it was from dog nose marks.

2.ooohhh

I run crystal clear(85% IIRC) ceramic tint on the front side windows and windshield anything behind the driver gets perforated vinyl. I've found it works even better than window tint at blocking the heat and adds quite a bit of security while still allowing me to see out.(if they can't see it they generally won't want steal it) It's completely legal here as it still allows 35% light transmission but I've never been questioned on it.

peneumbra

Explorer
If you have a radio antenna in the glass somewhere, you have to be careful what kind of tinting material you use over it. Some of them will cause the antenna to become useless.

Swegner99

Im in Arizona, when its 120+ outside you want tint. On my DD 08 F150 I had all the factory tint stripped off and had it replaced with 3% all the way around, including the windshield strip. On my 88 Bronco, wheeling rig, the WS and front windows are clear, big rear side windows are 35% for security and back window is clear for wheeling visibility. I have zero issues seeing out of the F150 windows at night, but only drive in the city at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior