Second gen Taco owners?

someday

Adventurer
Quick question for you Taco owners out there. What rim size (please be specific, offset, BS if you can) and tire size are you running. RIght now I have an '09 tacoma, stock rims, 265/70 17E's which have about 3/32's of tread left. I have been researching a ton about tires and looking into rims and rims sizes. Just curious what you guys who use your trucks more for overland travel and less 'mudding' and rock crawling.

Thanks!

Lilbluerunner

Adventurer
255/85/16 Cooper S/T Maxx on the factory TRD wheels with a 2" OME lift. I love the way the truck looks and all my buddies compliment me on it.

Just have to save for some 4.56s now. It is just undergeared enough now to make the engine lug a little instead of downshifting.

SIZZLE

Pro-party
I'm upgrading my tires to 265/75/16 on stock Off Road rims. Back spacing is 4.25" and i believe the sport wheels have 1/2" more back spacing. No need for more backspacing until you go to 285s.

someday

Adventurer
Lilblue, do u have any pic's?

I am running OME up front and DAKARS in the back. Probably 2.5-3" lift, I never measured it. I was more worried about function over fashion.

I have been looking for some stock FJ rims off of craigslist. Thinking I would just hold on to them until I needed new tires, but as soon as they come up they are gone. So now that I need new tires I am thinking of picking up some rims with a little BS to push the tires out a little more while still looking somewhat stock. This, in theory, would lower COG of the vehicle. Albeit, ever so minute, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk

Observer
My former setup was 265/70/17 with not lift, and my present setup is using an OME lift and FJ factory rims to fit 285/70/17 BFG AT's. I couldn't pass up a set of 4 for $100 on CL and I've put 15k onto them. With that being said, I might go with 255/85/16 Coopers for the replacements when these finally wear out.
erujezyb.jpg

someday

Adventurer
My former setup was 265/70/17 with not lift, and my present setup is using an OME lift and FJ factory rims to fit 285/70/17 BFG AT's. I couldn't pass up a set of 4 for $100 on CL and I've put 15k onto them. With that being said, I might go with 255/85/16 Coopers for the replacements when these finally wear out.

that is exactly what I am looking for, except I wouldn't go 285. I am assuming you had a decent drop in MPG and a decent amount of trimming with 285's. A set of 4 for $100 is a steel, I haven't come across a set for under $700.

If I get new rims as well I would probably go with
http://www.procompusa.com/productlist.aspx?plid=101930&catid=11&subcat=210&ptid=100073
pro comp 7069

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...2009&pc=16203&counter=1&wd=16&rw=8&vid=014532
MB Razor's

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...09&pc=64080&counter=1&wd=16&rw=8.5&vid=014532
level 8 trackers

GTABurnout

Explorer
2007 TRD OR
Icon Mid Travel
Method Double Standards +4.5 back spacing 16inch wheels.
MTR 285/75R16

Lots of cutting requires to get full travel out of the suspension in the front. I have a cab mount chop as well.

I will be going 285 AT's next time.

Tacoma_055.jpg

someday

Adventurer
2007 TRD OR
Icon Mid Travel
Method Double Standards +4.5 back spacing 16inch wheels.
MTR 285/75R16

Lots of cutting requires to get full travel out of the suspension in the front. I have a cab mount chop as well.

I will be going 285 AT's next time.

Great looking truck. I love the way 285's look but between MPG and trimming I will just stick with 265's. Surprised more people don't run 275's, I know there are VERY few options, I would assume that might be one reason?

SIZZLE

Pro-party
Great looking truck. I love the way 285's look but between MPG and trimming I will just stick with 265's. Surprised more people don't run 275's, I know there are VERY few options, I would assume that might be one reason?

That and availability if you need to source a replacement tire in the middle of BFE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior