2005 Dodge Ram Cummins- Built, Carli, Thuren

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
$25k minus the shell- Please read the last pages for updates including a newly rebuilt transmission (coming next week)

*MORE PICTURES ADDED ON PAGE 3 OF THIS AD*

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with 130k miles

5.9 Cummins Turbo
48RE Automatic Tranny with double deep Mag Hytec pan
Manual 4x4, not electronic
Cloth interior

Amsoil motor oil, tranny fluid, and gear oil ran throughout truck for its entire life.

11.5 rear Axle with Mag Hytec dif cover
Trussed front end with Carli dif cover. New U-joints, axle seals.
3.73 gears and LSD in the rear

Suspension and steering goodies:
Carli 2.65s with ACVs, Carli's newest valving and check valves
Carli Torsion Swaybar
Carli full leafs
Carli Bilstein 7100 lower steering stabilizer
Thuren coils (but will be swapping in Carli coils if time permits)
Carli HD balljoints (upper and lower)Lifetime warranty BJ's
Thuren trackbar (New FK Heim and new Carli bushing at the frame side)
Custom long arms- EMF joints at the axle side.
08.5 Mopar Steering, new tie rods on both driver and passenger side
Thuren draglink (heim joints at both ends)
BD steering box brace
Borgensen HD steering shaft
New steering gear box

Other mods and motor goods:
35"Toyo M/Ts on H2 wheels
Leer shell, sliding windows on both sides and at the cab. Interior lights.
Airdog 165 pump/separator (with a cage/skid built around it to protect it from rocks and terrain)
AFE Intake
4" exhaust, chopped and dumped behind the rear axle
MADS Smarty Jr programmer
EGT, Trans Temp, and Fuel Pressure Guages
Mag Hytec rear dif cover
Carli front dif cover
IC/Radiator Aluminum support
Mag Hytec double deep trans pan
Tube front bumper using Carli bumper horns. Pictures dont show a skid plate on it, but itll be there at the time of sell.
38" 10w T6 led bar...BRIGHT
CJC rear tube bumper, 2 D shackles, built in hitch under the license plate
Cut besides
"Y" strap tire tie down in-bed
Full size 35" Nitto spare in bed (BRAND NEW, never touched dirt)

I think thats it haha might be missing something. Will update the ad if I think of more.

Building a house and could free up some moolah.

I have a buddy interested in the shocks and Carli TSB so if I decide to part out, he has dibs on those. Depending what happens with the house, might keep the bumpers and shell for the next truck. But if I can come to an agreement with a buyer, will sell as-is.

As most vehicles on here, the truck was built to be USED. It has Arizona pin stripes, a couple dings, one of the window vent visors is cracked, little stuff like that. It's a truck, not a pavement princess. Needs a clock spring. Broke it while changing gear box, forgot to strap the steering wheel in place and it spun on me. Needs alignment. The 2.65s could use a revalve. After going to long arms, the valving isn't perfect- needs more rebound, bottom out resistance isn't where it could be in the front end. But with that being said, the truck rides like NO short arm truck out there on the road and in the small stuff.

$29K OBO. The only trades I would be open to would be a 3rd or 4th gen 4Runner plus cash or a WJ or WK plus cash. V8 and 4x4 wanted for both the 4runner and Jeeps. Or mayyybe a nice LC and cash.

Thanks for looking!
Brandon

Last edited:

crismateski

American Adventurist
Best of luck, your build is pretty close to my shopping list. Few minor differences, but not much.

huntsonora

Explorer
I am not going to go with another diesel for a while but I did want to say that this looks like a great truck! I sold my 03 quad cab Ram diesel this past august and I have been regretting it ever since. I just needed a bigger backseat for the 2 rear facing car seats.

Anyway, hell of a truck and good luck with the sale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior