VMI Offroad OX custom build for DefconBrix

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Fenders have been Line-X'd and the compnay that did them, Line-X of Midvale, did an amazing job! They also sprayed the deck of my CargoGlide.

IMG_7000.jpg

Also, take notice of that Camp Castle from CVT tents! This is their Mt. Adams version and I absolutely love it! So does my family!

Bigkitty

Truck choice and options

Fenders have been Line-X'd and the compnay that did them, Line-X of Midvale, did an amazing job! They also sprayed the deck of my CargoGlide.

View attachment 234206

Also, take notice of that Camp Castle from CVT tents! This is their Mt. Adams version and I absolutely love it! So does my family!

Is there a location where you have listed all the options you added to the Tacoma? I'm just in the planning stages as was considering a jeep or the dodge power wagon, but seeing your setup has me re-thinking my choice...

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Is there a location where you have listed all the options you added to the Tacoma? I'm just in the planning stages as was considering a jeep or the dodge power wagon, but seeing your setup has me re-thinking my choice...

Thanks for following along!! I have a build thread on here > Click Here < and on TacomaWorld (more complete) > Click Here < on the truck :D

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Updated Exploring photo over in Utah.

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I am anxiously awaiting until next week when I get to go pick up my trailer from VMI.
They added the side door for access to my new Norcold fridge and had all the doors powder coated black.

Here is a quick shot of the NorCold Fridge next to the trailer. The stainless steel matches beautifully!
photo 1.jpg

Something else new and amazing has come in and will be getting installed soon!
Truma Combi 4
IMG_8020.jpg

Here is a rough mock up of how these fit inside the trailer.
There will be a bulkhead & side walls separating these from the cargo area made by GooseGear.
Above the Truma Combi 4 will be a platform that the Zamp Solar inverter will be mounted on as well.
photo-9.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Some updated photos of the progress so far:

Side passenger entry door added to allow access to the fridge and control panel (coming soon)

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

This is a temporary panel that will get replaced with Goose-Gear material and will house the Truma Combi control panel along with radio and various other switches/gauges.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Rear shot of how things will be laid out.
The dual Odyssey batteries along the sides were a perfect fit!

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

Goose-Gear side panel test fit.
Keeping all the wiring and future plumbing out of site.
Plug in and 12 volts will be added as well to these walls in the future.

IMG_1759.jpg

Last edited:

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Sneak Peak and test fitting of the drawer module that Goose-Gear is building for my trailer!

I asked for a double stacked drawer unit to span the CargoGlide a 1/3 in width and full length leaving room for throwing random larger gear and giving me more storage options for ease of use and getting rid of all the random tupperware.

I also wanted the top to open and had them add a "hidden" compartment in the rear of it so I had a place to throw some items I don't want the wife or kid getting into.

Goose-Gear currently has the trailer doing all the finish work and will be displaying it at the Toys-4-Tots event at Camp Pendleton, CA this weekend.

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
At the Toys 4 Tots event at Camp Pendleton this weekend Goose-Gear brought out my trailer to display the newly finished drawer unit that is mounted on my CargoGlide giving me great use of space and keeping my gear organized. Eliminating the need for random tupperware strapped down all over the place.
Making my camp life much easier!

goosegearequipped.png

goosegear_drawer1.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Some awesome photos taken by Richard310 on AmericanAdventurist.com of my trailer in action during some testing of the new interior panels and storage compartments from GooseGear!

DSC_0085_zps81af27a0.JPG

DSC_0187_zps7dec148c.JPG

DSC_0090_zps172058bc.JPG

DSC_0228_zps3aa13cde.JPG

DSC_0201_zps73459cb3.JPG

DSC_0220_zps1e1037f4.JPG

DSC_0277_zpsa7b8b9ab.JPG

IM1RU

Observer
Just read the entire thread. Nice! As I am a Utah boy myself, and have pulled the trigger on this http://www.vmioffroad.com/products/...ers/xtender-adventure-offroad-trailers-3.html, I'm wondering if I'd be able to see your trailer sometime. I spent 2 years researching trailers and finally ended up at VMI. I've never seen one, and just dropped a ton of $ on it. From talking to Mike at VMI and seeing many photo's of their work, the build quality seems pretty darn high. PM me, if you don't mind. I'd love to talk to you about your experience, and your trailer.
Thanks,
Rob

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Just read the entire thread. Nice! As I am a Utah boy myself, and have pulled the trigger on this http://www.vmioffroad.com/products/...ers/xtender-adventure-offroad-trailers-3.html, I'm wondering if I'd be able to see your trailer sometime. I spent 2 years researching trailers and finally ended up at VMI. I've never seen one, and just dropped a ton of $ on it. From talking to Mike at VMI and seeing many photo's of their work, the build quality seems pretty darn high. PM me, if you don't mind. I'd love to talk to you about your experience, and your trailer.
Thanks,
Rob

That's awesome! VMI makes some nice stuff thats for sure! We definitely need to meet up soon and chat/camp in person!
I'll be picking up my trailer from GooseGear this week &#8212; I haven't had it since Nov so I'm stoked to have it back!

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I got some quick cell phone updates on the location of a few goodies getting installed.

Picking up the trailer from GooseGear on Tuesday and so excited to start using it again!

Expect this threads activity to start up again
:D

How the sPOD and Truma display units will be placed on the GooseGear control panel (not pictured).

unnamed101.jpg

Zamp Solar 2000w pure sine inverter &#8212; mounting to the forward facing bulkhead.

unnamed-119.jpg

IM1RU

Observer
That's awesome! VMI makes some nice stuff thats for sure! We definitely need to meet up soon and chat/camp in person!
I'll be picking up my trailer from GooseGear this week &#8212; I haven't had it since Nov so I'm stoked to have it back!

Absolutely. It'll probably be June before I get it. Where in Utah are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94