VMI Offroad OX custom build for DefconBrix

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
logo_2_.png

I pulled the trigger and so excited to be working with VMI offroad on a custom built OX!
The Bentley of the Offroad Trailer World!

Building this to match my truck, beadlocks and all. Below is the original rendering I had done and as it progressed a few things changed.

Screen_shot_2014-02-26_at_12_28_50_PM.png

_________

SPECS:

I ordered a base model which was basically a shell that I could build out as time went on and I figured out what all I would want and need... and as budget allowed lol

BASE MODEL OX
With the following key features
- Full aluminum construction
- 10" electric brake 3500lb dexter axle
- Solid axle leaf sprung suspension with nitro shocks setup for 35" tires 6 on 5.5 lug
- Rear mounted C jacks
- Full integrated front tongue box
- Full side fenders
- Crowned lid with rain gutters for roof rack mounting
- Integrated internal bulkhead
- Marine grade trailer wiring and connections
- Marine grade hardware
- LED taillights, marker lights, and backup lights
- Max Coupler Offroad Hitch

WHAT SHE HAS NOW:
* Frontrunner Outfitters SlimLine 2 rack
* 35" Toyo OpenCountry R/T
* 17" Method Race Wheels 105 Beadlocks
* CargoGlide 600XL slide
* Norcold NR751 Refrigerator
* CVT Mt Adams 5+ person rooftop tent
* Fenders sprayed with Line-X
* Max Coupler
* Rigid Industries 4 Rock Light Kit (not installed yet)
* Rigid Industries SR-M Flush Mount Back-Up Lights (not installed yet)
* sPOD controlling all the lights and fridge with switches and via an iPhone app
* RotoPax gas cans
* Trasharoo
* (2) Odyssey PC1800-FT Batteries
* Truma Combi 4 (furnace and hot water heater)
* Zamp Solar 2000 Inverter/Charger with Portable Solar Panels
* Trident Marine Viking 17# Propane Cylinders
* Timbren Axle-Less Suspension
* Goose-Gear interior panels and drawer unit
* TrekPak lined drawers for the ultimate in organization
* ARB Dual Air Compressor

How she sits as of August 12, 2015
full

full

full

_________

logo_2_.png

If you haven't heard of or checked out what VMI is capable of make sure to check out their website and their Facebook page!

http://www.vmioffroad.com

https://www.facebook.com/vmi.offroad

Last edited:

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Let the Build begin!!

Aluminum frame laid out and ready to be Built
vmi_build_1.1.jpg

box built and ready to be mounted
vmi_build_1.2.jpg

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Very very nice trailer. Impressive build, it will almost be a shame to get it dirty, but I envy your opportunity. I will be watching this build closely as I am building an aluminum framed tear drop over the summer.

Truly seems to be a work of art so far DefconBrix. Maybe, being in Utah I will see it on the trails some day. Simply gorgeous!!!!!!

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Can't wait for more on this.

Also, I'd love some Method beadlocks. I really like their wheels.

This is my second set of Methods and I absolutely love them! Plus, they are a very reasonable price!

Very very nice trailer. Impressive build, it will almost be a shame to get it dirty, but I envy your opportunity. I will be watching this build closely as I am building an aluminum framed tear drop over the summer.

Truly seems to be a work of art so far DefconBrix. Maybe, being in Utah I will see it on the trails some day. Simply gorgeous!!!!!!

Thanks!
It will get dirty but I can assure you it won't stay dirty lol
I would love to "run into" each other someday! You can get a hands on look at the build for any inspiration on your build.

jays0n

Adventurer
Looks great! When I was trying to figure out if I'd go DIY or purchase a custom built trailer I sent a couple emails to VMI to get a quote and they never replied. I'm only a hour or so away so it would have been a great fit, DIY for me it was :)

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Looks great! When I was trying to figure out if I'd go DIY or purchase a custom built trailer I sent a couple emails to VMI to get a quote and they never replied. I'm only a hour or so away so it would have been a great fit, DIY for me it was :)

That does suck, definitely not the experience I am having I have even had some late night cell phone conversations on brainstorming for my build.

If I lived an hour away I would be showing up at their door or calling them every 5 minutes lol

Sometimes the DIY method is fun to tackle though if you have the time, space and know how. I simply have none of that so busting out the wallet for the professionals is my preferred method. I would simply have to many errors to correct in the long run, personally.

I will be going up to WA in a few weeks to pick up my trailer actually, you should meet me there and check out their operation if you have some free time.

Cheers!

VMI Xtender

Hi jays0n
With our rapid growth, it's becoming clear that our website is having difficulties keeping up. We have had a couple instances where we have missed requests and are working hard to trouble shoot the issue, be it software, hardware or human error! Sorry we missed you on this, we are looking long and hard at a way to better manage internet inquiries instead of the current "contact us" template. Thanks for the heads up - it would be great to see some pics of your build!

Last edited:

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Here are a few misc items that will be going in the trailer when loaded up:

ARB 63qt Fridge/Freezer with Transit Bag
IMG_4576.jpg

FrontRunner Outfitters Wolf Pack Storage Boxes
IMG_4577.jpg

Yamaha 2000i Generator/Inverter
IMG_4578.jpg

Random storage pop-up I saw at Costco - figured it would be great for chips, bread etc
IMG_4579.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior