VMI Offroad OX custom build for DefconBrix

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Using it for what it was built for... exploring!

IMG_19918.jpg

An examples of how much space this Norcold Fridge/Freezer has.
On the top shelf I put two large fruit and vegetable trays — hard to tell from this angle but the top level goes back another 5"+ from the back of the Coors on the bottom.

IMG_20076.jpg

On the control panel, made to match the rest of the interior panels from Goose Gear, I have the sPOD switches and the Truma digital display mounted so far. Goose Gear really did an amazing job with the custom fabrication and fit of all these panels along with mounting and wiring all the essentials giving me a great platform to add to later.

Set up at camp during the Tierra Del Sol event in Southern California.
The first time my ZampSolar panels have seen the light and they are amazing!

IMG_153810.jpg

Close up of where the heart of the trailers gadgets are/will be going.
Currently have the ZampSolar 2000W inverter and the sPOD Source.
Above the axle on both sides are the Odyssey PC1800 batteries as well.
This area will soon house the Truma Combi4, SmarterCharger and whatever else tickles my fancy lol

IMG_15048.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Shore power plug and solar panel plug holes cut and mounted.

IMG_22598.jpg

I also got the following installed/mounted:
SmarterCharger cTEK 7002
Rigid Industries SRQ flush mount (front deck light).

Test fitted the Truma unit and am debating on cutting a hole from the main "box" into the tongue box for better fitment with all the added heat hoses etc — I would still end up using the tongue box as random storage and likely make a custom trash/recycling can to drop in and out easy.

Main focus right now has been on getting the Truma Combi4 mounted, plumbed then of course working!

I finally decided to cut a hole into the tongue box to allow for more room and use that space to run the heat hoses through.

IMG_24658.jpg

* wiring is a mess right now while I get everything mounted — once everything is mounted then I will dial in the wiring.

Inside the tongue box and how the heater hoses will be laid out.

IMG_24704.jpg

IMG_24712.jpg

Before cutting the holes where the heater hoses will be outside accessible.

I went with 3" RV style bayonets for easy attaching.

IMG_25062.jpg

IMG_25118.jpg

IMG_25126.jpg

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Whoa! The Truma Combi, the website, says it runs off of LPG, but are you running it on just regular propane?

Last edited:

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
It can also run off of regular propane and thats the route I will be going. I will likely order a composite Trident cylinder for the trailer next week and mounting it to the read door and moving the rotopax cans to be stacked next to it.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I have such a mess in GooseGear drawers right now. My OCD goes crazy!
I am planning on heading over to Colorado to visit TrekPak and have some custom liners made so I can easily change and organize all my crap.

IMG_25633.jpg

blkhwk

Observer
Damn this build is awesome. Didn't see it mentioned on here but is there gonna be any kind of sink or grill on this trailer?

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Just found this thread and now I have trailer envy. Very nicely done! Any cool new mods or updates in the past ~4 months?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior