UK Sankey Trailer Build

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
Hi all

You might be familiar with my Suzuki Jimny topic and if you are then you will know space or lack of it is becoming a big problem so I have decided to make a camping trailer

I was originally going to make one from Scratch however a Sankey Trailer has recently been brought to my attention that needs some major TLC so I am going to use this as my base

Here is some pics of the trailer in question

gegeqy9e.jpg

ubu6u6e7.jpg

zytyza9y.jpg

se3upu4y.jpg

The tub is going as it's way past repair and I am going to be shot blasting and treating the frame and use that to build from. The best thing is everything that needs to work works! I was originally not going to bother with a braked trailer however as it's all there and working I am going to make it braked. Everything will be rewired as it too is past it...

This is going to be a long term project so font expect results over night ; )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

faulco

Observer
Nice to see another sankey build. I'm doing one at the minute myself.
If you're losing the tub what are your plans the trailer?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
These are the initial designs but it may change

zurugera.jpg

ebuhyhej.jpg

I designed this when I was making it from scratch but I hope to make I similar to this

Any feedback would be more then welcome as I an kind of going into this blind!! 😁

Arlo

Adventurer
I cut the mid crossmember out of the frame and welded on some outriggers to the rear of the frame.
Now the rear supporting legs have a greater distance to each other and the cabin door is wider too.

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
Hmm see I am thinking about extending mine so I can fit the box on the front and still have clearance from the car

biskit

Adventurer
Jersey4x4 a few guys on the Disco3 forum are building sankey camping trailers, wiggs has just started his second build, it looks like your plan as well. Good luck with you build.:wings:

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
Ah someone is copying my designs ey ;) haha sounds like a popular building platform... I am currently stuck on getting a new set of leaf springs... I can't seam to find any close to original

Arlo

Adventurer
Just remove them, put some paint on the leave springs and grease them again.
That's it in a nutshell.
They are looking as new at your trailer.

Just try harder. :coffee:

faulco

Observer
Sorry I haven't checked this thread. I've extended my drawbar and am changing it to 50mm ball due to the age of.my truck. Due to funds I can't change the top until next winter. Have almost identical plans as yourself. Looking forward to watching your build.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94