Camel4x4.com gone?

MTaco

Adventurer
I tried finding them last week and could not. I searched all over with no luck. Kind of a bummer if they shut down, Ironman had a lot of good stuff.

stolenheron

Explorer
Lucky8LLC is a land rover site. The owner is a great guy and has great CS. you may want to shoot him an email and see if it is possible to special order some iron man gear for other rigs since he is a dealer.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Here's my understanding of the situation. Was given this info early last month.

At the end of last year, I ordered an Ironman bumper for my Frontier. Turns out, it didn't fit because it was designed for the RotW spec D22s. I sent it back (which took a while thanks to the holidays) and had to remind people about the refund (again, thanks to the holidays). I had bought it through Steven at Rugged Rocks Off Road. He had direct contact with the guy making Ironman 4x4 happen in the US, Eli. Eli is the guy who used to run Camel 4x4.

Anyway, when I called Steven (great guy to deal with) to get my refund squared away, I told him I was thinking about sending Ironman pictures of the spots where the bumper didn't fit my truck so they could possibly modify one for US spec trucks. He then told me that Ironman had completely pulled out of the US. Apparently it happened awful quick. Eli had moved his family out to California (from New Jersey) and bought a big warehouse so he could expand the business. Then, inexplicably, Ironman pulled the plug and chose to discontinue their North American market support. Now poor Eli is left without a job in a new place, with a family. That's a pretty crappy thing to do if you ask me.

I'm not sure why they just upped sticks and left. Steven doesn't know either. It's kind of a mystery. Too bad though, there was real enthusiasm for their stuff.

tommudd

Explorer
Interesting comments on Ironman pulling out, jeepinbyal has the rights to sell Jeep Liberty KJ and KK lifts and has continued to do so all along . Nothing about this from them

stolenheron

Explorer
I am trying to get ahold of him now, but a friend recently purchased and installed ironman leafpacks on his 2013 taco.

EDIT: he ordered the stuff from http://wheelersoffroad.com/, that being said it is basically a toyota only company. doesnt help me as a nissan guy now.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Hmm, perhaps something has changed. Like I said, this info was gotten from Steven, who heard this directly from Eli. Could be inaccurate though.

It's possible some folks just have stock on the shelves and haven't sold it all yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior