My 84 K10 Longbed build

98dango

Expedition Leader
From what I see that looks like alarm system crap. I have removed way to much of it over the years twist wires are usually a give away.

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
From what I see that looks like alarm system crap. I have removed way to much of it over the years twist wires are usually a give away.

That might explain some things... I'm tempted on taking it to a mechanic and just telling them to fix the wiring. I wish the whole dash came off and made it easier to work on it

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

98dango

Expedition Leader
It's honestly not that hard and you will have a very intimate relationship with your truck when finished.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Pinatball you can probably find a Hayes or Chilton manual for your truck for $20, They have perfectly usable wiring diagrams in them. I tore out a whole garbage bag of aftermarket wiring out of my truck. Also, if you are having problems with headlights check out the dimmer switch on the floorboard. They wear out all the time. Cheers, Chilli...:)

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
Hey Pinatball you can probably find a Hayes or Chilton manual for your truck for $20, They have perfectly usable wiring diagrams in them. I tore out a whole garbage bag of aftermarket wiring out of my truck. Also, if you are having problems with headlights check out the dimmer switch on the floorboard. They wear out all the time. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Lol I actually never thought of those, because I've never been fond of the one I had for my CJ7. I'll take a look. And my truck doesn't have the floor mounted dimmer, it's up in the column with the turn signal switch

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
Got a hold of done wiring diagrams. Got the gauges off. Probably gonna strip out everytHing that's not factory and go from there.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles