Subaru BRAT "am I crazy"

mapper

Explorer
I like this thread already, fun times ahead!

That red one looked pretty cool but rust is such a pain. I miss West Coast cars. Grew up in WI so even Utah cars are pristine by comparison but man, that first Brat sure looks clean for being a more than 30 yr old subie! Look forward to the the excitement.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
sesy9e3e.jpg

After a few weeks of PM's and being told that this Brat "was not for sale" my Tenacity finally paid off!! It was a heck of a long drive to Vancouver WA yesterday evening and after taking a quick spin I handed over the cash and headed for home. The drive to Yakima went Flawlessly and I couldnt be happier....

Thanks
Buck

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
When you get tired of having that in your garage please let me know!

Everything is for sale, for the right price:coffee:

At this point I wouldnt let go of it for less than 5 figures.

But it is as clean as it looks, all the way through. Def. a keeper.

bucktruckota

I had an 83 Brat in high school. It was maroon just like the picture, except it had the steel white wheels. Great gas mileage, ran flawlessly, other than the front brakes. Totaled it after putting all new brakes on it a month earlier. I miss my Brat!

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Here are some pics from early this morning
uda2a6an.jpg

qageqy8a.jpg

2u2y2yme.jpg

ejenaduz.jpg

baqahu8e.jpg

ugydeby4.jpg

dypaquzu.jpg

2azytegy.jpg

zege4u4e.jpg

nyhyha6e.jpg

upahubyg.jpg

u8unyjy5.jpg

ujure2uz.jpg

eny2aduz.jpg

Thanks
Buck
The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Last edited:

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Lol this is totally what I'm aiming for
gysasu5y.jpg

Buck
The Redneck Mexican

Is this in Oregon? I swear it was parked at the Park Shuttle 'N Fly at Portland International Airport on Friday. I didn't have a chance to hop out and grab a pic. It didn't have the bed cap, but was that color with a healthy lift and winch. So cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

T.Low

Expedition Leader
He'll yes, you're crazy, and that's the beauty of it! These great ideas don't come from sane folks.

I always wanted to do this to '91 Honda Civic 4wd WagoVan.

The vast majority of these projects turn out hokey and cobbled together but from what I've seen , you've got vision and know how to pull it off.

:lurk:

steelheadbum

Adventurer
He'll yes, you're crazy, and that's the beauty of it!

The vast majority of these projects turn out hokey and cobbled together but from what I've seen , you've got vision and know how to pull it off.

:lurk:

Thanks T.low
I do have a vision....this thing will get a fresh coat of paint soon, just need to make room in the shop! Wife thinks I'm nuts :D
Just my OCD can't help myself!!
Did some junk yard hunting today scored some new interior trim, factory brush guard, and a rack from a 83 wagon to install on the canopy once I find one :banghead:
memaheze.jpg

na6u8u4u.jpg

Buck

The Redneck Mexican

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Getting ready to swap out my stock 3.90 rear end for a 3.70 viscous LSD and slap in a 5 speed tranny from a 1987 gl wagon. Also in the process of fabricating a 4inch lift so my bfg's will fit a lot better and so I can crank down my torsion bars back to stock configuration the rear hits darn hard the way its setup now.
yrega2u7.jpg

Buck

The Redneck Mexican

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Brush guard mounted and bumper plastidiped....
are5y7yh.jpg

uhe3a7y2.jpg

Also modified brat jump seats to be fully removable and used as my camp chairs, they are also used to keep spare tire mounted!
4esu6a8y.jpg

a5u4upa8.jpg

e5uru2yv.jpg

yzapu5am.jpg

This build has been going slow....just have way to many projects going on :D

Buck

The Redneck Mexican

Last edited:

wuntenn

Adventurer
I had a Subaru Sumo - do you get them over there? Mine was the 3cyl 1200cc with on-the-fly 4x4 and it was an amazing thing. I drove it across beaches, up muddy hills and through deep snow and it was really competent. Although I'm 6' it was long enough inside for me to sleep and I kitted it out and went all over the place in it. Spares were a nightmare and expensive so I eventually sold it. Great van though, tough as old boots.

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
Nope,

We never got the Sumo over here. It is old enough that it could be imported under the 25 yr rule though.......

Hmmmmmmmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior