Offroad fishing Trailer

86tuning

Adventurer
Sub'd. Cool build. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Wondering why the spring u-bolts aren't the flipped style, so that they'll slide over obstacles. I realize that spring under setups can be less likely to get hung up in the first place, with the leaf acting like a skid.

SamM

Adventurer
Nice build! Great looking welds! I have a 1964 Lotus Seven frame that was handmade and TIG welded together. It's a work of art. Your trailer is coming along nicely. Are you sure that you don't want to flip that axle? I'd flip it for the added ground clearance. Anyway, great build. Looking forward to more.

SamM

clutch burner

Nice build! Great looking welds! I have a 1964 Lotus Seven frame that was handmade and TIG welded together. It's a work of art. Your trailer is coming along nicely. Are you sure that you don't want to flip that axle? I'd flip it for the added ground clearance. Anyway, great build. Looking forward to more.

SamM

My Fj with full 1/4 under body skids sits at 12" 3/4
fjframeheight_zps5655cd6b.jpg

My axle sits at 12" 1/2 on the trailer

axleheight_zps77db8b6c.jpg

I really do not see any gain from it, I will not be hard core rock crawling with it. I plan on cutting the u bolts to fit under the retainer bottom plate.

diamondplate_zpsaa6bd3c5.jpg

This Is what I just got home from the steel mill some diamond plate to skin the side rails and wheel wells for this weekend.

SamM

Adventurer
No criticism meant. My trailer will sit much, much higher than my Jeep. Honestly, it looks great!

SamM

clutch burner

It took a little longer to weld the wheel wells and the frames for the tail lights. I did not get to skinning the side rails and wheel wells with diamond plate. Mr. SamM no criticism taken, Just want my trailer to roll the same foot print as my Fj same frame height and the same axle width.

taillightframe_zpsf2b35a4f.jpg

trailerfj_zpsffd28ee5.jpg

clutch burner

I got the trailer tail lights installed today, I still need to weld the sheet metal to the frame. It will have to wait for next weekend ran out of Argon for my welder.

trailertaillights_zpsdf199084.jpg

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Wow, A+ for craftsmanship. Those welds are beautiful. You must spend A LOT of time welding in your day job! Makes me want to drop the coin on a welder and start building stuff, used to love to weld back in high school.

Interesting to see how you mount the boat. I plan on getting a tiny fishing boat like that and mounting it upside-down on my trailer. Just waiting for some inspiration on how to mount it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles