Oakland/Bigfoot 20' Class C 4x4

Slicky72

Adventurer
Great rig, I can attest to the superb build quality of the Bigfoot RVs . We have been using a Bigfoot camper for years and have never had an issue . One year while towing a sled trailer up a hill we lost traction and sled backwards into a ditch jack knifing the trailer which stopped the truck on the spot. I got out to find the front of the trailer had bound up on the camper smashing the jack. Once we got it pulled out and inspected the damage there was absolutely no marks on the camer it's self . I fully expected the corner of camper to be cracked or even caved in but it was fine.

You guys should get many years of service out of that motor home.

GNTY

Adventurer
Hi,
what axle you use in the front?
did you change the rear axle too?i not are the front n rear wheels bolt pattern still he same?

Front axle is a Dana 60 out of an 04 F350, ujoint kits work with 99-04 f250,350 excursion axles. Rear axle is original.

I left the front and rear bolt patterns different, it's quite a bit more difficult to to match bolt pattern on a dually, the rear wheels already sat out enough and in line, where the single rear wheels need at least an 1.5" to match front tracking so that gives the opportunity to match bolt pattern. To change it on the front would take the OEM dually spacer (4") then another spacer (at least (1.5") on that to change bolt pattern and I decided I did not want 5.5" of spacer and that much vehicle weight on the studs. So my rational is the rear duals gives me some ability to limp to a tire repair shop if one of those goes and that I'd carry a spare for just the front. I'm not saying it's the right way but that was my thinking.

GNTY

Adventurer
Great rig, I can attest to the superb build quality of the Bigfoot RVs . We have been using a Bigfoot camper for years and have never had an issue . One year while towing a sled trailer up a hill we lost traction and sled backwards into a ditch jack knifing the trailer which stopped the truck on the spot. I got out to find the front of the trailer had bound up on the camper smashing the jack. Once we got it pulled out and inspected the damage there was absolutely no marks on the camer it's self . I fully expected the corner of camper to be cracked or even caved in but it was fine.

You guys should get many years of service out of that motor home.

Thank you, quite the story and testament to the build quality of the bigfoot brand, thanks for sharing. We to have been using a bigfoot slide in truck camper for a number of years and still have it. This quality and reputation really put my mind at ease in sinking quite a bit more money into such an older unit. The construction methods and materials used really didn't change between the older models to the final 2008 motor home models.

simonliew

TLC import connection
Hi GNTY,i know there a few ways to convert a dually motorhome,just want to know how people do it.l have a 97 E350 with the 7.3 diesel for 10 years,use it for towing my rockrawler,always want to make it 4wd but is getting rusty,so l just bought a 2003 24 ft class c from coquitlam,western Canada rv adventurer,finally found one with the powerstroke diesel....
Abitibi was so nice to go check it out for me last couple of days,thanks Mr D,now I have to drive it back to Winnipeg.

GNTY

Adventurer
Hi GNTY,i know there a few ways to convert a dually motorhome,just want to know how people do it.l have a 97 E350 with the 7.3 diesel for 10 years,use it for towing my rockrawler,always want to make it 4wd but is getting rusty,so l just bought a 2003 24 ft class c from coquitlam,western Canada rv adventurer,finally found one with the powerstroke diesel....
Abitibi was so nice to go check it out for me last couple of days,thanks Mr D,now I have to drive it back to Winnipeg.

Nice score finding a that Adventurer!
A 24' Powerstroke is in my future :) I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with it in regards to 4wd.

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey Simon, I might as well drive it home for you? ;)

Not to high jack but Simon got himself a very nice RV. Knowing him he'll be converting it to run on wvo pretty quick. Congrats with the new toy!

And back to the OP, this is one good looking rig!

Cheers
Mr. D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GNTY

Adventurer
is the front axle from a dually truck? or single rear wheel truck?

The axle is from a non dually truck, they are the same minus the dually extension/adaptor. I had non dually wheels on it up until a few weeks ago as i was having a very hard time finding those adaptors for a dually style wheel.
Tires are 235/85/16 , same size that came on the Chinook Baja 4x4's

GNTY

Adventurer
Here's a couple new pictures. Went out up the road and check suspension travel and 4 Low, works great. I still need to get some interior shots.
13340127943_50d3575036_b.jpg

Only a day latter and we had snow again.
13340371504_0a505d893e_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior