Bagelsjustbagels's Build Thread

Clay

Adventurer
I'll be sailing up the coast from San Diego, CA to Sitka, AK over the next few weeks, looking to be back home around mid June. If you want to meet up after that, I would like that. Otherwise, I would only be able to contribute what I know.

I'll be sailing up the coast from San Diego, CA to Sitka, AK over the next few weeks, looking to be back home around mid June. If you want to meet up after that, I would like that. Otherwise, I would only be able to contribute what I know.

We can try to plan something, we know the area around greenhorn great, but bowman only the basics. Have a nice trip.

Well guys, it happened. Safari Snorkel. An extra $506 I didn't want to add to my expense list, but last time I was in Tahoe national forest I choked up my AFM from water splashing onto the intake from fast river crossings, and then closely following my buddy who was kicking up super fine dusty dirt.

This problem resulted in me washing out my filter in a river and spraying carb cleaner into the AFM in order to get out of the forest, and I don't want to be stuck ever again.

It was a tedious 4 hours cutting my fender. I could not use the stock template because of the aftermarket fiberglass fenders. So i got different bolts, and took my damn sweet time cutting off pieces of the body.

Total of an 8 hour installation time, but I think it turned out great.

aAkJm4p.png

ir1NDSi.png

4GSshOM.png

Bonus pics: Got a Tepui 6ft awning and Mosquito Room. Used some clamps to test fit.

Cz9WHx9.png

Gz1fiJg.png

Now I'm just waiting on the Rigid Dually's from T4ROTM to come in so I can go to a fabricator to have him make a roof rack to mount all these goodies and my RTT too. And then I'm going to not spend any money for the next 1000 years, because my wallet hurts and I'll need new tires by the end of this year.

Lastly, as a graduation from College gift. I received two REI camping lounge chairs. These are great, light when it considering the materials they are made with, and are very comfortable. My only concern is that they are too low for dual use with a normal table, so now I may be looking for a height adjustable aluminum table. Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Great work on the snorkel install. I've been trying to figure out a good way to do that to mine as I'm looking as swapping to some glass fenders. I know I know *gasp* glass fenders don't belong on this forum, but really neither does anything else that isn't stock these days. I like how you handled yours. I may try a similar approach with mine when the time comes.

Great work on the snorkel install. I've been trying to figure out a good way to do that to mine as I'm looking as swapping to some glass fenders. I know I know *gasp* glass fenders don't belong on this forum, but really neither does anything else that isn't stock these days. I like how you handled yours. I may try a similar approach with mine when the time comes.

Thank you very much, I love your tacoma btw. As for the snorkel, I think fiberglass is great. Sure this forum is full of traditionalists and for me, its lighter, doesn't rust, and is cheap to replace. Not to mention it looks bada**. As for the snorkel, my only advice is get various size bolts and lottttssss of washers.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Awesome build, one of my favorite 4runner builds. Seems like you out good money into all the right things.

Rigid Industry Dually's Received! thanks to the Toyota 4runner forum, I was fortunate to be voted April Toyota 4runner of the month! The sponsor @Ducmonsta was nice enough to award myself with two Rigid lights.
Thank you to him!

I was testing the lights out and they are so bright and the quality is so good I'm going to order two more! the plan is to have them all facing away from each other on all corners of the roof.

I opted for the Flood diffused version, in hopes to have 360degree lighting for both camping and lower speed night-time adventuring.

Here is a quick photo just testing how they'd look on the roof facing fwd. :sunny:

AvN0WW8.png

Last edited:

joneseyyy

Explorer
They're awesome lights - and Bobby (ducmonsta) is such a good guy. He ran the front end of High Tech Auto here in NoVA before he moved to Oregon. Super stand up guy and pillar in the 4Runner community (he'll laugh about me saying that but it is true!).

I have lots of pics and a series of blog posts that will be here eventually, but just finished editing my Prerunning Tahoe National Forest Video.
Even though it was a day trip, the views were more Expedition Portal Worthy.
Enjoy! :wings:

Clay

Adventurer
Hey, you drove right by my house!

Bowman, sawmill and Faucherie are awesome lakes, huh? And the hill going up to the forebay just down from your "prerun" is pretty fun too.

Nice work on the video! Can I repost it on my blog?

Hey, you drove right by my house!

Bowman, sawmill and Faucherie are awesome lakes, huh? And the hill going up to the forebay just down from your "prerun" is pretty fun too.

Nice work on the video! Can I repost it on my blog?

Of course you can. Please link me to the blog post so that I can see! Also if you don't mind adding my website URL to the post I'd appreciate it (AdamKlick.com)

And yea we must have gone by your home, Especially considering where we start. Here is a rough estimate of where we traveled(not really too accurate though)
hkWaLXt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94