VERMONT OVER-LAND ROVER, The Northeast Land Rover Rally, July 25-27, 2014

Calling all northeast US rover enthusiasts! It's high time we had a good old-fashioned New England summer rover rally. Here you go:

http://www.vermontoverland.com/volr/

This will be a blast for sure, so spread the word on your own forums.

And try not to lust after my new truck too much!

Last edited:

Eniam17

Adventurer
This looks like a lot of fun. I have checked out your website but am hoping you could give me a little more clarification as to the trail types on the 200 acres. Is medium something that can be done in a stock rover w/ AT tires for example? Does difficult require lifts/33's or bigger/lockers/winch? I need to know which Rover to bring!

Thank you

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Depends on the trails you take. Most can be done in a stock Rover. You'll have more fun with a more capable truck.

This looks like a lot of fun. I have checked out your website but am hoping you could give me a little more clarification as to the trail types on the 200 acres. Is medium something that can be done in a stock rover w/ AT tires for example? Does difficult require lifts/33's or bigger/lockers/winch? I need to know which Rover to bring!

Thank you

Hi:

We'll have trails for every vehicle plus a trials course set with flag gates in one of the pastures, so there will be something for literally every variety of rover. That said, in general, green trails will be completely stock friendly. Blue (medium) will be adventurous stock vehicles or slightly modified (MT tires, body protection) vehicles and red will be for 32" tires and up, traction aid, winch, etc.

The self-guide off-campus overlanding excursion trails all offer mostly medium with a little difficult thrown for good measure!

Thanks and hope this helps!

Eniam17

Adventurer
Thanks Peter, that's perfect. Several of us from the Downeast Land Rover Club are going to register today, can't wait.

Eniam17

Adventurer
Wow that is a blast from the past; we are trying to get more of that going here in Maine. I think I was at that event in a 97 D1 and i'm sure a few of the others who are coming were there as well. Look forward to July.

Eniam17

Adventurer
looks like I have three months to work on my British accent, trade in my Classic for a series, and buy some vintage Barbour clothing!

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Working on getting a series truck up for the event, not sure if it will be the two-aye or the one.

grobinson

Adventurer
I keep looking at this event, and soon enough it's going to be July, with amazing Vermont weather. Interested to see all the vehicles that come out, after hiding during the terrible winter we had.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome! Funny you should mention DELRC as, from what I can remember, the Downeast rally was the last real summer rover rally we had in New England, and I think the last one was late '90's: http://www.eastcoastrover.com/OwlsHead.html

Too funny- my first Rover Rally!! Drove up in my new '94 NAS90 (summer '94 I think it was)and had a blast!! Been a long time for sure!! Hitting the Aviation museum this go??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online