2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Uberlanding Build

rodi

Observer
That is good to know, I was planning on replacing my chrome ones with black to complete the "look" of my all black JK, but if they are quick to rust I may stick with the chrome ones I have on there now.

No rust on my black ones. Have had them for a year.

Vince1

Adventurer
Here's a comparison (both 2 years old). These are extras rotated from the spare, not the worst ones (they are still mounted). Your mileage may vary, apparently:

Attachments

• lugs.JPG
    lugs.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,088

Offbrandkris

Here's a comparison (both 2 years old). These are extras rotated from the spare, not the worst ones (they are still mounted). Your mileage may vary, apparently:

they do look like they are just powder coated where as the others are actually chromed, I'm also guessing it depends on how bad you beat up your rig, and how often you actually pull them off.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Insuliner%206.jpg

I've been testing the Insul-Liner noise and heat reduction panels on the inside of my Jeep JK for just over a month now, and I'm really impressed with the quality and performance they offer.

Here's a link to the full review on the front page. [link]

Insuliner%204.jpg

Insuliner%207.jpg

Insuliner%208.jpg

Insuliner%209.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Very nice looking. Also pretty cool that they easily remove for cleaning.
It would be great to do a direct comparison between the major brands for temperature & noise reduction.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Very nice looking. Also pretty cool that they easily remove for cleaning.
It would be great to do a direct comparison between the major brands for temperature & noise reduction.

That would certainly be cool to do, it would just take a while to properly do it. I like to give products a minimum of 30 days of use before I write about them. Especially with stuff like this where the longevity of the adhesive tape is the name of the game. But that's just me and how I do things...

MattScott

Approved Vendor
35 x 12.50, I'm thinking high fenders but I'm unsure of which kit I like. Metal Cloak has a nice kit, Bushmaster looks somewhat OEM. Mopar also has a prototype high fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morticon

Adventurer
I like the MCE fenders. Flattie style like the 40s jeeps. And suppose to be very flexible! Which is important as a lot of plastic fenders crack when you catch a tree or whatever.

Burnsy949

Great color! I am slowly building up my Billet JKUR as well. I bought a 2013 about this time last year. 4.10 and auto. (My first auto trans). I specifically ordered it with minimal options because I could not find one that wasn't loaded at the dealerships. (And I have a lot to choose from down here).

So far I have added an AEV front bumper, Hotheads headliner, Ace rock rails (primarily as a step for the kids).....and an Adventure Trailer Horizon. LOL. The trailer set me back a bit on other Jeep mods. As my jeep is sort of a daily driver, I decided to get the trailer to avoid a few other mods (for a while anyway) like a roof rack and a mild lift (to handle more weight). I probably will still do a mild lift to avoid some of the sag from the trailer and other gear.

I totally get it about wanting a newer vehicle. I had a '73 Bronco with a 351W when I lived in Mammoth in the 1990s. Perfect truck for that area but I was always working on that thing. Converted it to disc brakes and built a new exhaust, etc. it was lots of fun, but in those days I didn't have the money to do the things I really wanted to do to it. Plus it was pretty uncomfortable on long drives, and always smelled like grease and oil. It had 4.11 gears and 3 speed manual so it was winding out at 65mph. Got about 9 mpg on a good day.

I used to live in Grover Beach (Santa Barbara before that) and love it on the Central Coast. I miss it so much in SLO County! Shell Beach is awesome! If you haven't tried the "Filete de Manzo" at Giuseppe's in Pismo yet, you have got to do that ASAP. You are walking distance!

Here's a shot from Anza Borrego this Spring. Had the Jeep up to Monache Meadows last summer and also up to Lassen County. So comfortable on long drives. It's as capable as the Bronco (if not more so), plus the wife actually enjoys driving it.

image.jpg

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
For the most part, lifts down handle any extra weight. Heavier springs do. Like OME springs, or mopar 19/60s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke