2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Uberlanding Build

Septu

Explorer
View attachment 222346

I've also been checking out an sPOD for the last month, I can't even begin to say how happy I am with the product and the customer service at sPOD. Another small American manufacturer more people should support.

It is certainly an expensive unit, but the simplicity it brings to your wiring is priceless. Seriously, I LOATHE wiring, and now I get comments from my friends. "Wow, you did such a good job wiring this Jeep"

Yep, uh-huh, I...uh...did that myself.

Look for the full rundown and install on the front page in the next week or so.

http://www.4x4spod.com

Can't agree mroe about the sPOD. I did it all myself the first time around. And by the time I bought switches, wiring, a box, connectors, relays... I had spent at least 1/2 (if not 3/4) of what the sPOD cost... then spent several days doing all the wiring. When I got the new JK, I promptly ordered a sPOD. Love it!

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nice upgrade

here is a pic of my spod switches from http://www.otrattw.com

I also ran an illumination wire up to the switches as well

cheers MC

You are missing the "Spy Mode" switch! :eek:
I thought that was mandatory for Wranglers with sPODs... :elkgrin:

So did you get just the rocker switch covers, or did you replace the whole switch?
BTW: Looks really nice. And no bright lights glowing in your face at night with these switches.

MC4X4

Observer
You are missing the "Spy Mode" switch! :eek:
I thought that was mandatory for Wranglers with sPODs... :elkgrin:

So did you get just the rocker switch covers, or did you replace the whole switch?
BTW: Looks really nice. And no bright lights glowing in your face at night with these switches.

I got new switches as well, so they would light up the writing when I turn the lights on and the icon when I turn the switch on. Couldn't see the standard switches as night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WMPhoto

Observer
7de605120c9222c778101df6f8693443.jpg

Once you start installing drawers and a fridge, this awesome space underneath the rear cargo floor is rendered essentially useless. It's begging for some kind of water storage. I bet you could get a few gallons in there easy.

This is also a good place for an onboard air system. Put the compressor in there, or a tank... Or, put the compressor in there and mount a tank under in the muffler's spot... And of course put a different muffler on farther up the pipe.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I was thinking the same thing. That's a nice big spot and OBA is a very handy thing to have.
A ducted 12V fan wired in to come on with the compressor would really help to keep things cool.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
udaju5a5.jpg

I just installed Rigid backup lights.

I'll check back to see what I think at night.

Fit and finish is great, and the wiring is pretty comprehensive. I ended up not using the factory switch, relay, and reverse tie-in, and ran it through my sPOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicity_27

Adventurer
udaju5a5.jpg

I just installed Rigid backup lights.

I'll check back to see what I think at night.

Fit and finish is great, and the wiring is pretty comprehensive. I ended up not using the factory switch, relay, and reverse tie-in, and ran it through my sPOD.

Definitely interested to see how you like them. I have a buddy that has the same lights. These will be getting put on my list.

rodi

Observer
I've got the flush mount ones. Just haven't gotten around to installing them. I was going to tap into the reverse as well as through the spod but don't have that yet.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Just briefly tested them on an empty road on the way home from dinner.

They appear to have really great spread, and a great amount of light--not too much, not too little.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I had a Chrysler engineer tell me that the AEV hood dripped water directly onto some sensitive electronics. That's why they redesigned their own hood. I'd go with the Mopar one.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
rig keeps looking better. interested in hearing more about the Pronghorn bumper after some time in the field. :smiley_drive:

I had a Chrysler engineer tell me that the AEV hood dripped water directly onto some sensitive electronics. That's why they redesigned their own hood. I'd go with the Mopar one.

I'd never claim to know more about the JK than a Chrysler engineer - but that sounds like they're trying to sell their line! hehe

From my understanding the engine area is designed as a wet compartment.

I ran an AEV hood on my '08 JKUR for about 4 years in the Northeast with no issues whatsoever. The Jeep lived outside in the rain/snow/sleet/ice/etc. Perhaps something changed with new motor that would warrant their comment?

I haven't seen any posts or issues on the AEV forum. I'll have to look around the engine compartment of our '13 JKR to see any potential trouble spots. Just my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior