Stainless Steel Plates

taugust

Adventurer
Does anyone have a source for those stainless steel dinner plates that I have seen in various photos (that I can't find now)? I have looked online but haven't found the wide rimmed ones I have seen. I did find some large compartmented trays that I like, but wanted to know what the others sell for.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Just a note: I've had a couple sets of metal plates, and I'm actually switching back to plastic. Not as sexy, but also better thermal behavior. Got tired of plates too hot to hold that then suck all the heat out of food!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CCH

Adventurer
Just a note: I've had a couple sets of metal plates, and I'm actually switching back to plastic. Not as sexy, but also better thermal behavior. Got tired of plates too hot to hold that then suck all the heat out of food!
B
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I second that. They look really cool, but have the same effect on your food. Ditched mine for plastic.

Ramjet

Explorer
I have to agree with everyone else. Metal plates look great but plastic are they way to go. IKEA has very cheap plastic plate set for around 4 bucks for a set of 8.

AFSOC

Explorer

So true! My SS plates became yard sale fodder after two uses in favor of some el cheapo plastic ones. I sort of snicker at the Snow Peak ones, just glad I never sprung for a set without test driving them first.

taugust

Adventurer
Thanks for all of the feedback. I was thinking about the divided compartments, and giving some away as gifts, but have reconsidered. I have some cheap plastic small divided plates that work pretty well for the frequent potlucks that I attend, but I wanted something a little larger. I am now looking at some melamine cafeteria trays. They might be big enough. :rolleyes:

Honu

lost on the mainland
For me Corelle ware
Plastic and grease a pain and don't like cutting steak on plastic
Clean up. I prefer on Corelle
And paper when don't want any clean up

The gsi lexan is easier to clean than plastic :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94