advice on my planned smb build...

kelp

Hey Everyone!!

I attempted to post this on what I believe is the official SMB forum, but each new user's post needs to be manually reviewed, and from my experience that can take a while..
Unfortunately, I need to make my decision soon, so I'm reposting my questions here.. I don't mean to offend.

I'm attempting to make final decisions on my build but need some guidance..
Here's what I've got so far, and below are my initial questions.. I'm sure more are to come..

CtRwUmZ.jpg

How many seatbelted passengers can fit on the "Gaucho: 79-1/3" front-rear, 48-1/4" side-side"?

Are the tables collapseable and completely removable? like this---
PF3gC8W.jpg

If so, with the tables removed, is there enough walking space for a 95lb labradoodle to navigate through?

Can a large(ish) TV mount in place of bottom "WindowSlider3_15x42: 42-1/4" front-rear"?

Can a TV mount in penthouse bed area? If so, what happens when it's lowered?

When I try to place the bathroom in the rear, it forces the location all the way to the left of the vehicle on top of the bumper.. I had to hold it's position in place to take the screenshot.. is there an issue with positioning this over the wheel well? I hope not.. I really want to keep it in the back.

How inconspicuous, or "stealth" is the 4x4 option? I've seen some that stick out more than others. I plan to do some urban dwelling and I want this vehicle to blend in with the majority of the commercial vehicles in the area. Which brings me to my last question..

Even though I plan to take two-week trips with two friends and a dog, I'm still trying to avoid the extended body due to the tight locations we want to visit. Anyone have any experiences with the ford eb in cities like NYC? I cant even imagine trying to parallel park that thing..

Those are all the Q's i can think of right now.. sorry for the long post. I don't expect all the answers, but any input you can provide will defiantly help.

Thanks!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Three people and a dog in a regular body van sounds very tight. Aim for the EB. No real difference driving them, just more usable space.

An extended body van in NYC isn't a problem, just don't expect to park in front of your destination and plan on walking a bit.
But the toll collectors will try to get commercial rates, have your registration with weight handy to show. They almost always try to rip me off. A privately owned van is equal to a privately owned car, toll wise.
A 4x4 van in nyc does stand out a bit, but keep in mind there are literally tens of thousands of vans rolling there.
Don't let a nyc cop find out your sleeping in the van, you will become a source of revenue :( in Brooklyn there are some places to park without being bothered. I've done it countless times visiting and working.

medicfernando

Adventurer
We have an EB-50 floor plan. With two of us and two big dogs it is comfortable but just at the edge of being crowded. I love the EB and would have felt very cramped with the RB. It drives and handles great and since we dont do any real hardcore off-road with ours, the extra overhang is not an issue at all. Good luck

bdog1

Adventurer
The RB and EB do still have the same wheelbase so drive and handle similar. I was in Key West and parking was a pita! I'm not convinced 20" less would have been any better though! Also, I have noticed the EB has a favorable weight balance front to rear that's good for traction off-road. (4x4)

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier