AEV Jeep Conversions...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
got to love it hey! I do like their products but the prices are astronomical for a complete build. and 12k for a HEMI conversion kit that does not include the motor is just wrong. other than that, they are a really good company.

Ive seen those before and yes kind of ridiculous but the saddest part is that people line up to buy them, the parts are good (i have their suspension on my jeep) but even 6k for adapter plates, wiring harnesses and motor mounts to put a hemi in?

Last edited:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I wonder if they are buying them because they can finance them...even so that is a hefty monthly payment. Wonder if you can lease them through the dealers....

Vince1

Adventurer
Where do you get $12k? My AEV conversion kit was half that and included custom exhaust, radiator, intake, and a lot of other stuff that made the job act like it was installed at the factory. After 5 years of ownership, and going through many lifts and mod swaps, it would have been less expensive and less frustrating to just buy one of these built rigs from the get go. I understand they aren't for everybody, but I am sure happy there is a company out there building them for people who want them.

BBailey

Explorer
Much better ways to spend your money that buying an AEV build. There are more economical engine options that perform just as well and far better suspension options. And it doesn't take much to finance a build on a new JK. Just talk to your shop, most can arrange it, know mine can and does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudicon

Have trail...will travel
That is the joy of Jeep ownership...options. One can achieve the level of customization through many routes. Built slowly over time as one save up, throw a built party and have one built in a week, or buy one complete with warrantee. Either way, they are all Jeeps, all deserve the Jeep Wave, and on the trail, we are a brotherhood. Built or bought...personal choice, but still a Jeep.

dirtlimo

Observer
I cannot speak about all AEV products, but my HEMI install went as smooth as possible and that engineering/design is worth a few bucks. 90k is a lot and only the individual who buys that can say its worth it, I have much less than 90K in mine and and to me its just right. :wavey:

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
Well, yes, they are expensive, but to those that buy them, they are worth it for a turn-key, well integrated and engineered solution. Also, you linked to Brute Double Cabs, not a trivial conversion.

The other thing you may notice is that used ones are much less expensive, often not being much more than a stock Jeep.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Well, yes, they are expensive, but to those that buy them, they are worth it for a turn-key, well integrated and engineered solution. Also, you linked to Brute Double Cabs, not a trivial conversion.

The other thing you may notice is that used ones are much less expensive, often not being much more than a stock Jeep.

So buy a used AEV Jeep after it depreciates 50%?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aristobrat

Observer
So buy a used AEV Jeep after it depreciates 50%?
You think a DOKA is going to depreciate 50% anytime soon?

attachment.php

Septu

Explorer
Those two Brutes are not simple conversions. Them being 90k+ doesn't surprise me.

The 2014 JKU with the 6.4 hemi and whatnot for 92k seems pretty steep. Even recognizing that it's what... 25k for the hemi install, and another 15/20k for wheels, tires, lift, bumpers, winch... expensive, but not out of this world. It's just that they're doing this conversion on a 2014 vehicle that's what... 40/45k?

Ratman1979

Observer
Not sure why I am defending AEV since I am getting rid of my Jeep for a Tacoma, but since I have one of their turnkey packages (no HEMI though!) I'll say that for $14,018 and less than a month waiting I was happy with what they offered. It didn't seem crazy that for that amount you got: front bumper, rear bumper with larger size tire carrier, WARN 9.5 winch, new hood, a pair of IPF off road lights, a great (in my opinion) handling 3.5" suspension, 35" KM2, great looking wheels, plus a few interior modifications to set my truck apart from the million or so other Jeeps out there.

I put value in the fact they build parts for just one vehicle (now they are adding Ram) so I felt they knew what worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94