Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: links to good bumpers

Default links to good bumpers

can yall send me some links to some bumper manufacturers other than allpro, demello i can't find many. i'm searching for a rear bumper that allows me to keep my stock tow hitch receiver and that has a lit liscence plate holder. pictures of some of your rigs would be cool too.

I'm not to sure but maybe if you talk to some people one on one they can do something a bit more custom to fit your needs.

Bentup.com

Quote Originally Posted by dude
    can yall send me some links to some bumper manufacturers other than allpro, demello i can't find many. i'm searching for a rear bumper that allows me to keep my stock tow hitch receiver and that has a lit liscence plate holder. pictures of some of your rigs would be cool too.
    Front Range in CO had a nice "stock" replacement bumper...

Try this link:

http://frontrangeoffroadfab.com/nfos...g-Taco-032.jpg
    Last edited by calamaridog; 04-11-2006 at 05:57 AM.
    2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
    OME heavy springs
    Bilstein front struts and rear shocks
    Yokohama Geolander AT-S 245 75r16

If your going to replace the rear bumper why not just replace it with one that has a towing reciever built into it. This way you can improve your departure angle and still tow.

Dude,

You are going to have a very tough time finding an aftermarket rear bumper that is not custom made and will let you keep your standard class III tow hitch. The mounting points for the tow hitch are almost always used for the new bumper. Also since there are so many different designs of hitches, it is almost impossible to build a bolt on replacement off-road bumper that guarantees fit.

Most of the after market bumpers like Demello, etc are rated for off-road towing only. This is for legal reasons, not strength. It costs a lof of money for a shop to be licenced to sell products with a tow rating.

There is some talk that Asfir bumpers (from Israel) may be able to accomidate the stock trailer htich, but I haven't heard of any of their product actually making it to North America and being put for sale.

To add to your list of bumper companies, try www.sonoransteel.com. They make a nice product. Demello is also a top choice.

Pete
    ~/\ ☼
    / -- \
    Pete Hartl - VE6PGH - 0VRLAND

EXPEDITION = (Encounters + Adventures + Experiences) x YOU

Here is mine...
    If I had time I'd do another with a winch...not a 2" receiver.
    My approach angle is better but ARB looks better.
    Be prepared to spend some $$$ on a custom job. It's not as easy and you need the vehicle there to fit it. I spent a good 20 hours on my front. Another 30 with Chris getting the rear built.
    Regarding Towing...I have a 2" receiver in the rear but it is pretty high up...I'd need a serious drop hitch or an offroad trailer...in the plans...to make it work. I did some serious gusseting to make sure I could tow with it, but there is a lot of liability there. I haven't pulled anything with it yet...and if I were pulling a boat to the lake it would be in my LC, not the taco.
    Front
    http://homepage.mac.com/brittansmith/PhotoAlbum6.html
    Rear
    http://homepage.mac.com/brittansmith/PhotoAlbum7.html
    Last edited by brittan; 04-15-2006 at 04:00 AM.

another option- http://www.bentup.com/main.html

Nice bend work Brittan!
    Pasquale - KE7GVY

DesertDude Films, LLC <> DesertDude Music.com <> 110 Project Group, Inc

"Taking the path less credentialed"

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdude
    another option- http://www.bentup.com/main.html

Nice bend work Brittan!
    Thanks Dude...

i like brittan's the most... i guess icould do without the tow rated receiver..hmmmm. well i have abent stock bumper now, and i cant see myself getting a stock one again. besides i dont have anything to tow. i guess i wish i did. thanks for the help everyone

Default Armorology

Armorology has some pretty great looking bumpers.
    You do need to bring your truck to them in order for them to fabricate something. www.armorology.com

-Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast