links to good bumpers

dude

Observer
can yall send me some links to some bumper manufacturers other than allpro, demello i can't find many. i'm searching for a rear bumper that allows me to keep my stock tow hitch receiver and that has a lit liscence plate holder. pictures of some of your rigs would be cool too.

bluerunner

Adventurer
I'm not to sure but maybe if you talk to some people one on one they can do something a bit more custom to fit your needs.

Bentup.com

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
If your going to replace the rear bumper why not just replace it with one that has a towing reciever built into it. This way you can improve your departure angle and still tow.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Dude,

You are going to have a very tough time finding an aftermarket rear bumper that is not custom made and will let you keep your standard class III tow hitch. The mounting points for the tow hitch are almost always used for the new bumper. Also since there are so many different designs of hitches, it is almost impossible to build a bolt on replacement off-road bumper that guarantees fit.

Most of the after market bumpers like Demello, etc are rated for off-road towing only. This is for legal reasons, not strength. It costs a lof of money for a shop to be licenced to sell products with a tow rating.

There is some talk that Asfir bumpers (from Israel) may be able to accomidate the stock trailer htich, but I haven't heard of any of their product actually making it to North America and being put for sale.

To add to your list of bumper companies, try www.sonoransteel.com. They make a nice product. Demello is also a top choice.

Pete

brittan

Adventurer
Here is mine...
If I had time I'd do another with a winch...not a 2" receiver.
My approach angle is better but ARB looks better.
Be prepared to spend some $$$ on a custom job. It's not as easy and you need the vehicle there to fit it. I spent a good 20 hours on my front. Another 30 with Chris getting the rear built.
Regarding Towing...I have a 2" receiver in the rear but it is pretty high up...I'd need a serious drop hitch or an offroad trailer...in the plans...to make it work. I did some serious gusseting to make sure I could tow with it, but there is a lot of liability there. I haven't pulled anything with it yet...and if I were pulling a boat to the lake it would be in my LC, not the taco.
Front
http://homepage.mac.com/brittansmith/PhotoAlbum6.html
Rear
http://homepage.mac.com/brittansmith/PhotoAlbum7.html

Last edited:

dude

Observer
i like brittan's the most... i guess icould do without the tow rated receiver..hmmmm. well i have abent stock bumper now, and i cant see myself getting a stock one again. besides i dont have anything to tow. i guess i wish i did. thanks for the help everyone

k6uk

Adventurer
Armorology

Armorology has some pretty great looking bumpers.
You do need to bring your truck to them in order for them to fabricate something. www.armorology.com

000_354.JPG

-Mike

Westy

Adventurer
Alabama -

www.wabfab.org - try that for a local fabrication shop.

Shipping big, heavy bumpers isnt the most efficient thing. If I were you I would try to get a custom bumper built locally, that way you know it will fit good and be exactly what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles