Knock sensor location on a 95 SR

At1Maverick

Hey all, Just got me another Montero SR, almost the exact same as my other one, but a year apart. I kinda tinkering with it and found that my knock se nsor is just laying there, it's connected to the harness, but unbolted from the block or where ever it goes. Can anyone tell me where it actually goes. I have access to identifix and alldata, but they're very vague in point out the exact location.

Also, the other evening, driving home, the dash lights went out on me, I tried tapping on the dash and checking out the fuse that says GAUGE, it it's good, is there another fuse for the dash light? dash function is normal other than the light.

Thanks in advance

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Knock sensor is under the lower plenum, as for the gauges the fuse for gauges might be the center cluster check the others. Then if that doesn't work pull your instrument cluster and check the connection and bulbs.

At1Maverick

I'm assuming this is where it goes. I am currently tracing why the Monty is wanting to idle at almost 2k, and realized that the threads on the lower plenum to the upper are stripped. Hopefully repairing that and installing the knock sensor would fix that. I found out that the fuse for the dash lights were actually shared with the tailights, I was driving the damn thing for 2 evenings to work without tail lights and no one said anything, hehe, but it's fixed now

Just finished doing the cam/crank seals, timing belt, water pump too, gonna go ahead and replace all the hoses by the firewall area since everything accessible now.

At1Maverick

Thanks man. Haven't done one on these motors yet, and sure as hell don't want to take it all apart if I found out I didn't put it in the right spot, would've sucked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94