Tin Top Pop Top Samurai Build

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Gotcha... so it finally caught up with him. Sounds like he's lucky he didn't tick off the wrong guy and end up paying with more than just cash and a little slap on the wrist.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
ON September 1st Justin rolled his Zuk 4 times on asphalt. He broke his neck in the process, and is fortunate enough to have retained his ability to walk and function. He attributes this to to the quality seat and harness he used in the build. While he's doing ok, the Zuk is dead.

I'm getting this from a post he made in a Suzuki group on facebook.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Kinda what I thought when I read it the first time... I had to double take on the pix to make sure it's the same guy. Sounds like he's lucky it didn't turn out worse than it did.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Kinda what I thought when I read it the first time... I had to double take on the pix to make sure it's the same guy. Sounds like he's lucky it didn't turn out worse than it did.

Pics of the rig? Would be interested to see how it held up.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Glad I found this thread. I had intended tracking this guy down because I had some questions concerning his Mega Ambo build. Unfortunately this kind of story is all too common on Internet forums. People get the idea that they "know" posters and the truth is they do not. I bought a truck from a guy over on the IFSJA website. I like a bunch of others followed the build and was impressed with the bang up no-expense-spared job he was doing. Build goals took a turn and the rig came up for sale as a rolling chassis and I jumped on it. Picked it up without too much attention (my major fault) and brought it home. After getting into it it became very apparent the level of booty-fab it contained and down right misrepresentation concerning parts and what-not. No actual lies, but a whole bunch of not the whole truth.

Bottom line is, do your homework, and then do it again because you don't know these internet people and anybody can have a website slapped together that makes them look like a multi-million dollar operation, when the truth is its one guy working out of a little incubator or even his garage.

I'm glad the guy didn't end up in a wheelchair, but given past history and current track record I can't say I'd lose a lot of sleep if he ended up back in the pokey.

rrliljedahl

Observer
The Justin Marquand saga continues.

This was posted on Crimestoppers locally.

image.jpeg

He has now voluntarily surrendered to the police but is out on bail awaiting a court date.

I was told bad there were 2 bad checks totaling over $5000 which promoted the 2 felony charges here in NC.

cjken

Explorer
What ever became of the "MegaAmbo"? That definitely inspired my project and probably others on here.

rrliljedahl

Why haven't you let it go? As far as your bad experience as a customer goes, there are two (or three) sides to every story. I've only seen Justin bend over backwards for people he likes. I'm sorry for your troubles but your exploiting of him seems excessive. As for his current happenings they're not anybody's business.

For people like me who look him up because of interest in his talent and what went into his rigs, it is unfortunate to see someone make multiple attempts to ruin his name, and for other posters to make remarks about his wreck injuries.

austintaco

Explorer
I just read through this thread and it hits home to me after being defrauded by a body shop on some very shoddy paint work and having to track that individual down multiple times. Did anyone verify that this person was in a wreck? I ask because in my case, the con man that I had to deal with came up with multiple excuses to me and others. Excuses used to avoid payment and delay work:
My son died in a car accident- not true
My daughter has pancreatic cancer -not true
I had a stroke-not true
and finally....I was in a car wreck- that he staged according to others.

My point is that I hope that this guy has learned from his mistakes, and that he recovers from his wreck, but be careful. Con men know no end to what they will say.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior