Parker, Swansea, AZ Wanderings

DVD

Adventurer
I'm going to have to reread Huck Finn. Every time we depart for one of these multi-day trips, I always think of Huck leaving civilization and striking out into the wilderness, but it's a vague recollection from 30 yrs ago when I last read that book. Something from Mark Twain must resonate with what I'm feeling now as we again head out into the wilderness.
I wrote a blog entry to make it easier to share various places.
http://dirkvandyke.blogspot.com/2014/03/parker-swansea-wanderings.html

And here's a link to the complete photo album
https://plus.google.com/photos/1016...ms/5991889446057461489?authkey=COfv3b_rsv-mPg

Here are some highlights.
Campsite at Swansea
DSCN0354.JPG

Exploring Swansea
DSCN0394.JPG

Tight squeeze on this trail
DSCN0433.JPG

Harquahala Mountail trail
DSCN0494.JPG

Thanks to guys on the 4-corners forum for advice and suggestions.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great little write up and pics...
I love our Arizona desert in the winter & spring, looks like a fun time and looking forward to meeting up in the dirt someday.

DVD

Adventurer
Thanks. And it will be a pleasure Lance. I'm not a good enough writer or don't have enough time to expand on your statement about "I love our Arizona desert in the winter & spring." But, yes, that's it.

Curly

Adventurer
I enjoyed looking at your pics. I have been in most of those areas recently, first time for me. We crossed the Bill Williams river just south of the gas pipeline bridge back in November. No signs of any gates or barriers. Wasn't much water there either.

Attachments

• bill williams river.jpg
    bill williams river.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 6

DVD

Adventurer
Hi Curly, Nice photo! I think your crossing took you across the river once and then north and east on Rawhide Mt trail.
I had intended to take the Bill Williams River trail, which follows the river and goes between Mineral wash from the west and Hwy 95 (at Lake Havasu) to the east. It has 6 separate crossings, according to the Massey Backcountry Adventures AZ book, which was published in 2001. I expect that sometime in the intervening years, the Bill Williams River trail has been closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior