Is there any way to turn off all the Nannies on a Lexus GX470?

sethro80

Adventurer
Hello all

I just got my 2007 GX470 and took it out 4 wheeling yesterday. I am blown away on how well it handles the bumps and choppy terrain for a stock rig. I also have a heavily modified 80 series Landcruiser seen here http://www.expocruiser.info/ that I have owned for 13 years.

My question is has anyone found out a way to disable the traction control and associated nannies ? I know the 4runner and FJ cruiser guys have it figured out, I would love to have that option as well. I do love the safety of the system when driving on the highway and would always have it enabled.

I could not make it up a steep hill in very loose dirt because of this problem last night. My 80 would have walked right up it with out hesitation. I know the GX can do it I just need a way to turn off all the systems.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Seth

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
On my '07 4runner if I lock the center diff it disables the traction control. Not sure about other 120 platform vehicles.

sethro80

Adventurer
On my '07 4runner if I lock the center diff it disables the traction control. Not sure about other 120 platform vehicles.

Yes I have the same center diff lock switch also, I am trying to trick the truck into just turning off VSC and not locking the t-case, that would be super handy for high speed sand runs

Thanks
Seth

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Toyota probably made it pretty hard given they were beat up pretty good over the 470's stability and not being aggressive enough and getting taken to the cleaners on roll over risk. The GX470 is a nice rig basically just a 4runner with some interesting upgrades and slightly different body.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I would try a dedicated GX-470 forum; I bet there is a way to do it. My 3rd gen RAV4 had a complicated pedal/key dance that would disable traction control (later 3rd gens actually had a button for this). My FJ has a button too.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Hello all

I just got my 2007 GX470 and took it out 4 wheeling yesterday. I am blown away on how well it handles the bumps and choppy terrain for a stock rig. I also have a heavily modified 80 series Landcruiser seen here http://www.expocruiser.info/ that I have owned for 13 years.

My question is has anyone found out a way to disable the traction control and associated nannies ? I know the 4runner and FJ cruiser guys have it figured out, I would love to have that option as well. I do love the safety of the system when driving on the highway and would always have it enabled.

I could not make it up a steep hill in very loose dirt because of this problem last night. My 80 would have walked right up it with out hesitation. I know the GX can do it I just need a way to turn off all the systems.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Seth

Why won't the mod work that all the 4th gen guys are doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
I don't know about the GX470, but in my IS350 if you press and hold the traction control button for 5+ seconds it disables traction control AND VSC.

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
OP,
Did you ever find a solution for this? So far from what I've read the only way in the GX is via the center diff lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz