Baja Rack UT

rainstatebear

Adventurer
2u8e6ydy.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am thinking warn elite full width front and rear for mine. I am torn, I want the bumpers but im scared fo loss in MPG. is there really that much difference?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Fwiw, I was getting 19 mpg highway after my bumpers and winch. I've lost about 2 mpg with a two inch lift though. I have the 4.10 gears and 32 inch tires. I love the look of the ut rack, I'm just not sure how much I'd use it. Maybe someday......

rainstatebear

Adventurer
Fwiw, I was getting 19 mpg highway after my bumpers and winch. I've lost about 2 mpg with a two inch lift though. I have the 4.10 gears and 32 inch tires. I love the look of the ut rack, I'm just not sure how much I'd use it. Maybe someday......
Good thing is it is easy to disconnect, get a little garage pully system and crank it off when not in use

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
As I said earlier, I have had a need for the roof rack at least a half dozen times this summer alone. And with a new canoe or kayaks etc it would be more!

rainstatebear

Adventurer
So far I moved a queen size bed, wheelbarrow, wead eater, and took a camping vacation with my roof top tent. This rack definitely comes in handy.

rlynch356

Defyota
Still going good with the Baja rack? .. I'm liking this and am about to pull the trigger on it.

As compared to the Gobi & Frontrunner
... Cost, same weight rating, full flat load space (as opposed to the insert on the gobi which is only rated for 75lbs i recall), same install weight as the front runner
..No ladders available - maybe a con but i'm not convinced, most of the same accessories as gobi and front runner (less than FR). no drilling 16 holes in your top seems priceless though..

biggest thing for me is the continious Flat load space..and not drilling a lot of holes in my top.

Johnnyenglish

Adventurer
I love my BajaRack Exp

I went with the exp model. Kind of a mix between the standard and the ut. Flat section big enough for an arb Simpson 3 with a small basket in front. I had mine shipped bare metal and took it to a powder coater to get it color matched. I use it everyday for surfboards and plan on adding a RTT for camping trips. The Baja Rack guys are really easy to work with. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94